Is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most schools are rolling, should I just wait til next year? My grades are low.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how bad your grades are, what are they? And if you dont mind sharing, what are your other stats like? Like your PCAT? If its not that bad then I would just apply this year, because you dont have anything to lose...except for some money. But the PharmCAS date was pushed back to the 15th so there is time for you to apply and get everything in.

No don't wait until next year, apply now. Honestly, I don't think this is late at all let alone late enough to consider waiting a year. I started applying in January and had all my applications in by the middle of the month. I was accepted to several schools and no - I was not some super student with a 4.0

Just apply

Members don't see this ad :)
2.7 pharmcas, 88 pcat...

Your PCAT score will definitely help. It really depends on the school; some may favor the GPA over the PCAT, and vice-versa. Others may weigh work and research experience heavily. Just make sure that the schools you apply to don't have a GPA cutoff of above 2.7.

Why not apply. The worst thing that can happen is that you get rejected, but you get experience about how the system works.

2.7 pharmcas, 88 pcat...

My Pharmcas GPA is lower, but my prereq GPA is around a 3.4 (I stayed around to get a BS). I am taking the PCAT tomorrow and I will be applying next week. You still have time.

Last edited:
While it is considered RELATIVELY late for early bird applicants. November is about the halfway point of the application process (opinion). you still got time!