Is it too late to designate a school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentSwag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, here we are, in August. I have only designated 4 schools, and I am debating on another. Is it too late? My stats are: 3.93 overall GPA, 4.0 Science GPA, 22 AA, 22 TS (27 ochem, 22 gen chem, 20 bio), 25 RC, 20 PAT, 18 QR.

Sit tight and wait? Or add more?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Too late maybe september or october? Keep adding. You've got awesome stats btw :)

Too late maybe september or october? Keep adding. You've got awesome stats btw :)
Thanks!! I'm really trying to apply only to schools that really interest me. My main problem is trying to justify some pretty hefty out of state tuition costs :/

Even with really good stats, I feel like 4 schools is a really low number.

So apply to a few more :). Don't be like me and apply to 20+ lol. I guess I was assuming I would stay around the same on my 2nd DAT attempt (possible 2nd choke) so I wanted to increase my chances but that didn't happen haha.

So apply to a few more :). Don't be like me and apply to 20+ lol. I guess I was assuming I would stay around the same on my 2nd DAT attempt (possible 2nd choke) so I wanted to increase my chances but that didn't happen haha.
Are you in the process of applying now too?

Yeah I am! I applied to a ton of schools because my GPA sucks lol

I'll take anything I can get into. I'd rather that than being forced to reapply and retake classes/increase my activities.

I'll take anything I can get into. I'd rather that than being forced to reapply and retake classes/increase my activities.
That is a very good point. You'd probably lose more in income than you'd gain in tuition reapplying.

Are you at all concerned about out-of-state tuition? I just can't wrap my head around owing $400,000+.
No one likes to pay OOS tuition, but I would apply to more schools if I were you. Dental tuition is only going to get higher every year... :/

No one likes to pay OOS tuition, but I would apply to more schools if I were you. Dental tuition is only going to get higher every year... :/
That is true. Again, August isn't too late??