is it too late to get 2ndaries from the UC's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucbdancn00

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys....

so i've been rejected by UCD/UCSD pre-2ndary. My apps were complete in mid july at the UC's. Does anyone think/know if i still have a shot at getting a 2ndary at this point?

i'm an april mcater.....in state resident.....

what's going on!?!?:(

Members don't see this ad.

hey wazz up, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? You got some good interviews out of state lined up, even an acceptance, congratulations! I still haven't received a secondary from UCSD or UCI, so hang in there, they will come, take care

I would say not to give up, yet. The UC's are slow and you never know exactly what they're doing. They are so random. For the record, I have not heard from UCI or UCD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ucbdancn00! I'm in exactly the same boat as you are. About a week ago I received both the UCSD and UCD rejections pre-secondary. I turned in my AMCAS late June and I'm also an in-state resident and April MCATer. I'm somewhat losing hope for those secondaries. I've stopped checking the status page. Waiting for five months is a long time so I'd rather not think about it anymore until they decide to contact me.

I definitely think you can still get a secondary from UC schools. I just got my sec from UCSF last week. However, I did submit my application to them kinda late (sept something)

it definitely is pretty strange the way they work...i never heard from la and i called to see if i would receive a 2ndary and they said i was still being processed...so it is weird b/c it is the end of nov.

i haven't heard from ucla either. i'm wondering if they're just slow with their pre-secondary rejections. they wanted me for undergrad & grad school, but i guess not for med school :(

This is depressing.

just to let you all know...i just called la a few minutes ago and they said that they are giving 2ndaries through febuary...so if you haven't heard anything i guess it isi still possible to get a 2ndary from them.

Which school did you call, nygirl6464?

Nygirl...

that's soo funny, because i just called both UCLA and UCI!!

as NYgirl said, UCLA gives out 2ndaries all the way through February, so it's still possible to get one from them irrespective of whether you were an april MCATer or Aug MCATer.

UCI said that they haven't begun to send out rejections as they are still processing apps. They didn't say up until when they send the 2ndaries, but you can still totally get it.

I hope this helps guys, and thanks for the great support.....feels really nice to have some friends out here on SDN.

By the way.....Dr. Don: my stats are BCPM 3.46, Cum: 3.53, MCAT: 30S, lots of EC's.

take it easy...:D :cool:

hey bmblebee.....

i just sent you a PM....:)

lates

Originally posted by ucbdancn00
Nygirl...

that's soo funny, because i just called both UCLA and UCI!!

as NYgirl said, UCLA gives out 2ndaries all the way through February, so it's still possible to get one from them irrespective of whether you were an april MCATer or Aug MCATer.

UCI said that they haven't begun to send out rejections as they are still processing apps. They didn't say up until when they send the 2ndaries, but you can still totally get it.

I hope this helps guys, and thanks for the great support.....feels really nice to have some friends out here on SDN.

By the way.....Dr. Don: my stats are BCPM 3.46, Cum: 3.53, MCAT: 30S, lots of EC's.

take it easy...:D :cool:

Damn, those are some cool stats, maybe you should appeal, it's still early in the game, so I'm sure you are still on time to get reconsidered. How was your personal statement?

My status is as follows:
UCSF: did not apply
UCLA: received and I'm currently under review
UC Davis: received and currently under review
UCSD: nothing yet?
UCI: nothing yet?
UCLA/DREW: received and currently under review

for those who are wondering, I submitted my AMCAS late august and got the UCLA secondary early-mid october, UC davis: early-mid october, UCLA/DREW, got it late october/early november. anyways, good luck everyone.

sorry, i just realized that i said i called and didn't say where...LA. anyways, sorry to be vague. good luck to all.

It's getting to be pretty late. I don't know if it's too late though. maybe you should call them...