Is it too late to still send out secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dancer77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was finished with the majority of my secondaries in August, yet still haven't completed 2... I was wondering what you guys thought about still sending those in. Is it too late to be sending them in? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I sent my last one to Temple tonight...I'm hoping its not too late b/c that's $70 down the drain!

There are definitely lots of people who haven't finished their secondaries yet, but it is kinda getting late. If you really want to go to those schools, I would still try and finish them as long as you didn't pass the deadline yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finished Columbia tonight - doubt I have a shot anyway. Duke is the only one I have left (just got it recently anyway), but I'm not sure if I'm going to submit it or not -- ridiculous 6 essays :( I would definitely submit any you have ASAP though after looking at the NYU thread.

I haven't even gotten some of thes secondaries back (loyola, VCU, univ miss.), but i still plan on sending them. You definetly should send them. A lot of people say oh no if i send it, it might be 70 dollars down the drian. Your about to spend a ton of money on medical school, 70 dollars is nothing in comparison to it, do it once and do it right, send it out dont worry if it doesnt play out or you lost some money. At least its not in the back of your head, what if i had, or maybe i could have....SEND IT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Nervous!

heck, i just submitted my AMCAS a week ago, so compared to people like me you're still way ahead of the game! i made up my mind kinda late, but decided to just go for it anyway. what the hell, worth a try, right?

I've completed a couple recently. Trying to crank out a few tomorrow.

I've still got Case Western and RFU, still waiting to get secondaries from some of the UCs too. It's not too late for secondaries for sure.

Yea, I don't think it's too late for secondaries, although we are pushing it. However, you will notice some people are just submitting AMCAS:eek: I'm trying to finish all of mine by the end of this week, except Duke lol. Also, I'm really concerned because I haven't received 3 secondaries yet. Wayne State, Loyola, and Minnesota send them by snail mail, but this is ridiculous. I'm just writing the essays now and plan on turning them in as soon as the mailman delivers those secondaries.