Is it too late to submit secondaries now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shur711

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's not the ideal/optimal thing to do, but I have like 20 secondaries that I'm planning to submit this week for D.O. schools. Realistically, am I too late to get any interview invites? MCAT is 502, and I have a sGPA of 3.56. I'm currently enrolled in a SMP as well and have good ECs/volunteering/strong LORs/shadowing/research etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I know it's not the ideal/optimal thing to do, but I have like 20 secondaries that I'm planning to submit this week for D.O. schools. Realistically, am I too late to get any interview invites? MCAT is 502, and I have a sGPA of 3.56. I'm currently enrolled in a SMP as well and have good ECs/volunteering/strong LORs/shadowing/research etc.
Definitely not too late.

Reactions: 1 user

That depends... Have you held your secondaries unsubmitted for a while, or did you just recently receive them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Get 'em out now!!!

I wouldn’t delay anymore. Ideally your secondaries would be submitted within 2 weeks of receipt.

Does it really matter if they're within 2 weeks? I was waiting on another solid letter of rec from a doctor who was waiting till November to write them. I'm also waiting on my grades to come out next month, but I'm just gonna go ahead and submit my secondaries. Is it okay if they hit the 3 week mark? @Goro

Does it really matter if they're within 2 weeks? I was waiting on another solid letter of rec from a doctor who was waiting till November to write them. I'm also waiting on my grades to come out next month, but I'm just gonna go ahead and submit my secondaries. Is it okay if they hit the 3 week mark? @Goro
At this point in time for DO schools, I suggest that speed is starting to become of essence, because at least, at my school, it takes about six weeks from receipt of secondaries to the II, and then we're looking at a spring time interview, when schools start filling up thier classes and becoming more picky. But int he big picture, early in the cycle, Admissions deans are not sitting there with stop watches to see how dedicated you are in returning those secondaries.

Reactions: 1 users
It may be "late", but submit them as soon as possible! Every day is a day closer to a chance for a potential II. Waiting any longer will only do you more harm then good at this point.