Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by steveysmith54, Apr 16, 2007.
Is it too late? not recommended?
I took the October 2006 PCAT for 2007 admission and got into three schools. So no, you aren't too late and taking it in August is a heck of a lot better than October.
As long as you get all of your PharmCAS materials in before the scores are released, then you should be fine.
I did the same thing. Took the Oct. PCAT and was accepted this year also.
You should take the June PCAT, just in case you don't do well, you will have time to study and retake the test and know what to expect.
Ya lots of people take it in Oct. I am going to take it in Aug and October and hope for the best. Good luck.
what was ur result, if may i ask?
i was planning on applying to pharmacy schools really early, like starting in the summer, and i was also registered to take the pcat in june. (i am so not ready) so what if the schools get my june scores and they are extremely bad, even though i plan to take it again in august, is there anyway they can NOT see my june scores if they are bad, especially schools with rolling admission. i'm worried!!!!
If you feel like you did crappy immediately after taking the June exam, then have the proctor void your exam. Otherwise, Harcourt will forward your scores to PharmCAS and PharmCAS will see your scores whether you want to or not.
most schools only care about your highest pcat score
How about taking the exam in October for the first time lacking a full term of Calculus (already took Business Calc), Org I, and Phy I and not yet taking Org II and Phy II.
I may be rushing things, but I just realized I should be able to apply in January for UF where there is no early decision. Even if I screw up the October PCAT I can always retake it in January.
So I thought schools take the best scores. Will the schools receive the 1st, 2nd and any scores after that?? I guess I just wanted them to take the best score without seeing the low one first, am I correct or what is the situation with the scores sent to school.
Schools get all of your PCAT scores up to five years ago. Of course, most schools really only consider the most recent (up to two years commonly). You can't select which scores to send I'm afraid.
In general, schools do use the highest score.
So we can send in the application before the PCAT? Like in August? I guess that means that PharmCAS automatically forwards the scores to the schools that I listed on the application right?
hi, does anyone have a list of pharm schools that have rolling admissions? (and which ones are private schools) - please do reply to me! thank you =)
The forum does have a FAQ and search function where you can find all of this information. In the future please refrain from posting the same question on lots of different posts.
i am scheduled to take the PCAT this aug (in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!) but i am freaking out about it. i am studying for it but it just doesn't seem enough =/. IF i dont do as well as i wanted, i am thinking about trying it out again in oct, but i am going to be busy with school at the same time since FA semester starts. (i do, however, really badly want to be competitive to apply this year) - does it look bad if we take the PCAT multiple times? has anyone here taken it more than 3 or 4 times/spoke to schools about taking the PCAT multiple times? what did the schools say?
Thank you =)
kind of off topic, but i am applying this year early decision. the deadline is august 31st. I have already taken the june pcat but i am also taking them again in aug. It took about 5 weeks for pharmcas to get my june scores. Does anyone know if they will count my application as late for not receiving these scores? basically they want a 60 minimum in bio and i got a 42. will they automatically defer me until regular admission because of this?
i have tried for many days calling the school and they NEVER answer the phone!!
Sounds to me like you won't qualify for admission at all, ED or otherwise. I recommend you continue to try to reach the school (try email, so someone can answer at their leisure and not be tied to a phone), see if you should even bother to apply ED, and go with what they say. If you still don't hear from them, it's a crapshoot as to whether or not you should apply- you don't meet their requirements, which I doubt they'll overlook, but if the rest ofyour application is stellar, they might.
This is my opinion, but I seriously doubt they'd "automatically defer" you to anything other than the trash can (sorry to be so harsh). Simply put, you don't meet the criteria which they have set for their school; I think your application will be moved directly to the "reject" pile. However, if your other scores are spectacular (like, above 95?), they may be willing to at least listen to your story, and they might take a chance that you'll do better n the next PCAT.
You might be offered a "conditional admission," based on improving that score to meet their minimum requirements--- but I seriously doubt that would come from the ED interviews. If you don't meet your end of the deal and improve your score, then someone on the waitlist is going to be very happy. ;-)
Okay so in case anyone else was in the same predicament, i FINALLY got through to admissions and they said they would wait for the august scores to come in. i dont know if this is every school, but thats what maryland does.
hahaha.. hopefully, after August PCAT, I don't have to post another thread "Is it too late to take PCAT in October?"
Many schools don't have rolling admission. They have only one cycle of admission process. Some schools won't send invitations for interview until January next year. So for these school, taking the test as late as October 2007 won't hurt your chance .. I think???
Sigh... I will take the test this August.. What ever will be will be.. I promise myself not to choose "no score option anymore." It will be either punishment or rewards for my sloth.
I reported to Phramcas that I will take PCAT on AUGUST and OCTOBER. I hope pharmacy schools see that and won't make quick decision based on my August PCAT.
I registered for both August and October, but I think I made a huge mistake. I am definitely not prepared for August's exam. My problem is that I already selected to send my scores to PharmCAS for the August exam. I don't mind if they send August's score with October's (because I'm be much more prepared for Oct's test and hopefully score better then), but I don't want them to see August's score weeks before seeing October's score. Also, I don't want to end up voiding them. Is there any way I can change it now? I don't see that option, but I could be overlooking it.
Anyone know? Thanks in advance for your help!
Unfortunately, the cancellation deadline was Friday, August 3rd.
If you feel like you will do poorly and/or be unprepared a few weeks, then you mind as well get your money's worth by taking the test and taking the no-score option.
Just select the "no score" option on the exam. You can still do that cant you?
I really want to see how I do on the pcat in august before I send in my pharmcas stuff. Do you think it will be okay if I see my score before I do my application. By the way August is my first time taking it.
Well, I've read that applying early is the best way to go. But as long as you aren't missing any deadlines, submit whenever you want.
The school will see that score either way. It's better to send in your application ASAP and retake the October PCAT if neccessary.