Is it too late to wait for an interview from Columbia???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xenomblack

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

I've cancelled interviews and withdrew from the following schools for NYUCD:

Case Western, Tufts, BU, USC, Temple, Indiana, Penn, and UoP.

But I'm still waiting a reply back from Columbia.

My GPA was 3.5 and DAT was 22/19/21, and submitted my AADSAS application at the end of July.

Should I even wait until the second round of interviews?
Or is it wise to disregard the feelings (?) I have for Columbia and just go on the trip that I have planning without any regret?

By the way, I've graduated in December with 3.2 overall GPA.

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I don't know if this helps or if it was an error on their part, but I got a rejection letter on Dec 1 even though I was offered an interview that I hadn't scheduled yet. Guess they wanted to see me before then or not at all :rolleyes:.

Well I don't know if this helps or if it was an error on their part, but I got a rejection letter on Dec 1 even though I was offered an interview that I hadn't scheduled yet. Guess they wanted to see me before then or not at all :rolleyes:.

hmm

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Figuring that you've already paid the AADSAS and secondary fee, just wait it out. I received an interview invite a little before Christmas, and I didn't expect it. I was tempted to pull some of my applications (including Columbia) because I didn't think I had a chance of getting an interview. Glad I didn't preemptively pull the trigger on that one.

It is NEVER too late for an interview.

Even if you have paid your deposit on another school, what if you fall in love with Columbia? Eat the deposit and go for it!! Compared to NYU will be saving some $$$ anyhow, so it is still worth a try.

Good Luck! :thumbup:

I say wait....I have an acceptance from Columbia that I will be giving up in the next day or so........and that's one more spot that will be opening up for an interview possibly.......here is my story.....I had already interviewed at Penn, Columbia, Mich, and UConn and I felt that I would get into at least one of these schools.....then I got an interview at UCLA. I almost didn't go to UCLA because of the flight cost. But I ended up going to the interview and now I will probably go there......althought my story is a bit different than yours, I'm just tryin to say that if you have any feeling left about the school, don't ignore it.....I think you should still have some hope...good luck!

Is it too late to wait for an interview to Harvard??? I applied in Oct and my application was finished on Nov 21...is it too late?
(sorry OP to use your thread...:D)

thanks for your input.

The thing is, I'm leaving the country in January for 8 months,
so even if I do get an interview offer after I leave, I can't come back just for the interview!

I withdrew from all the schools listed above knowing that,
but Columbia is the only school that I have some "feelings" left. :love:

I just wish to hear back from them before January hehe

thanks for your input.

The thing is, I'm leaving the country in January for 8 months,
so even if I do get an interview offer after I leave, I can't come back just for the interview!

I withdrew from all the schools listed above knowing that,
but Columbia is the only school that I have some "feelings" left. :love:

I just wish to hear back from them before January hehe

If you're leaving for that long then I would tell the admissions office your situation and see what they have to say. You may be able to do a phone interview. They are pretty responsive to e-mail, so try that route to get in touch with them.

Yeah I definetly wouldn't mind going to Harvard...;)
I haven't paid the deposit yet for Columbia but WILL have to since its due on Jan 15th....Unless I interview + gain acceptance to Harvard by then I will have to paid the 2000 dollars! :eek: but I don't mind...

i would wait as well if harvard is where you truly want to go... have you sent in your deposit to columbia?

Has anyone recieved an interview from Harvard after Dec 1 yet?