1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

is it too late

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by k, Aug 12, 2000.

1. k

k

WOW time has gone by so fast this summer. I recieved my April MCAT scores in June and was very disappointed. I think this caused me to become discouraged and postpone the application process. My personal statement is taking longer than I expected, so my AAMCAS has not yet been sent out. I plan to take the August MCAT, but I am wondering if it is already too late and have ruined my chances for acceptance to next year's class. I know, I know I should have been more on the ball-but does anyone have some advice. I reqd in the Pfizer guide that JULY-August is the optimal app submission, but lots of people have been saying the app. has got to be out June 1 for any chance of acceptance. I have a GPA of 3.94, lots of activities, and some health care experience. So can anyone tell me- is it too late????

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. deziballer

deziballer Member
    10+ Year Member

No, I dont think its too late for you to apply, since the way I figure, the applications of the people who take the August MCAT are really only considered once their score is in...which is over 2 months from now. If you send your AMCAS in now, your'e gonna get secondaries in a month (unless your school messes up with your transcript like ,mine did, but thats a different story).
    Dunno what your MCAT is, but with your kick ass GPA, your'e still very much in the game

4. deziballer

deziballer Member
    10+ Year Member

No, I dont think its too late for you to apply, since the way I figure, the applications of the people who take the August MCAT are really only considered once their score is in...which is over 2 months from now. If you send your AMCAS in now, your'e gonna get secondaries in a month (unless your school messes up with your transcript like ,mine did, but thats a different story).
    Dunno what your MCAT is, but with your kick ass GPA, your'e still very much in the game.
    And good luck with that August MCAT.

5. k

k

Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement. Good luck to you!!!

6. Rock

Rock Member
    10+ Year Member

do you mind telling what your MCAT scores were.since you might think it is bad, when it just isn't...you obviously do have expectations, especially with a 3.94 GPA

7. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Based on previous friends' experience... I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but you might consider waiting for next year. It really depends on your expectations. I just think you will have a much better shot at ALL the schools you might be interested in if you apply earlier. You aren't out of the game now, but you're not in prime position either. I have one friend with a 38 MCAT, a 3.85 GPA from a top undergrad school, and a lot of health-care experience who was in your position last year -- got into one state school that she had considered a safety, and then finally got into Duke off of the waitlist in June, which was a lucky break. If she had waited another year, she probably would have had several more options.