Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

Is it too late?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by korsibor, Jun 17, 2008.

1. korsibor

I've registered for July MCAT, and have approximately one month to study, starting now. Will four weeks be enough to prepare for MCAT or should I push the date into August? I'm so stressed out. I'm applying this year and i'm worried that taking it in august will be at my disadvantage. Your input will be very much appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. engineeredout

Resident [Any Field]
    If you haven't done any mcat studying yet...

Yeahhhhhh you're screwed

4. sleepy425

Resident [Any Field]
    it might be enough time. take one of the AAMC tests and find out where you are. if you score in the 30s on your first one you probably don't need more than 4 weeks. same with upper 20s, but low 20s and teens might require a bit more time. but like I said, it all depends on where you are and where you want to go

5. nerd88

Pre-Medical
    It's not enough time unless you're a quicklearner and/or know the past material well.

You could maybe take the MCAT if you study 10+hours /day.

Good luck!

6. JLC

JLC

Medical Student
    You can def do it if you have the entire day to study during those 4 weeks. Spend around 2 weeks to review all the material and the last 2 weeks doing practice tests, that's what I did, although I'm not sure how I did yet. On the other hand I had just finished my physics class and I'm a bio major so most of the stuff was really just review