Is it too risky for me to continue medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dd77

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm a 22-year-old university student from Europe. I'm currently in my 3rd year of studies in a 6-year MD program. According to a serological test (specifically my anti-CCP was 123), it's likely that I'll be diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in the foreseeable future. I know there are already some questions on this forum about whether it's possible to work as a physician while receiving immunosuppressive therapy (in my case, it's probably going to be MTX and Humira), and the opinions are very mixed. My immunologist is reluctant to give advice since I'm not diagnosed yet. There is another risk factor which I need to mention: I have bicuspid aortic valve disease, which means that I'm already predisposed to infective endocarditis. What would be the best option for my circumstances? Drop out now because the debt load will be higher or finish my degree and look for something non-clinical job?
Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you're anxious about these results, but you really need to wait for your labs to be finalized and speak with your physician rather than seek opinions of strangers on the Internet who don't really know your full story.

Closing.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.