Is It True That There's No Physics 2 On Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsperson

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that there's no physics 2 on the MCAT? I guess what I'm getting at is: can I take it after only taking Physics 1? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

A full year's worth of physics is fair game on the MCAT. But you of course won't have questions on every single topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
The MCAT is pretty much all physics 2 or at least mine was. Unless your a physics superstar and can teach yourself the physics 2 material it would be a real foolish move to take the MCAT without the course

hsperson said:
Is it true that there's no physics 2 on the MCAT? I guess what I'm getting at is: can I take it after only taking Physics 1? Thank you.

What the hell is physics 1 and physics 2>? Courses are different at every school. Maybe physics 2 means physics for physics Gods. Then again, it could mean physics for pre-schoolers. Who knows!?

UCLA2000 said:
What the hell is physics 1 and physics 2>? Courses are different at every school. Maybe physics 2 means physics for physics Gods. Then again, it could mean physics for pre-schoolers. Who knows!?

Physics I and II are fairly standarized at most schools. Physics I usually means basic kinematics, Newton's laws, force/momentum, etc. Physics II usually means electricity, magnetism, circuits, quantum mechs/relativity.

ND2005 said:
Physics I and II are fairly standarized at most schools. Physics I usually means basic kinematics, Newton's laws, force/momentum, etc. Physics II usually means electricity, magnetism, circuits, quantum mechs/relativity.
I agree - this is the typical breakdown. But, need to include optics in Physics II topics - optics seems to be an MCAT favorite! I hate to join the chorus of laughter... but I cracked-up when I saw this thread. My MCAT was **all** Physics II - not a single kinematics question.

Anyway, as to whether or not you can take the MCAT without Physics II - of course you can. Depending on what questions you get on your form, you might get away with it and you might get nailed. You could try self-study. I've come to believe, though, that the MCAT is tough enough without being deficient in basic courses. I don't recommend it.