1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Is it useless to take random CC classes AFTER I have transferred to a UC??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by az43, Sep 5, 2014.

1. az43

2+ Year Member

Last year I transferred to a UC from a California CC. I completed all my pre reqs at the CC and am doing very well in my biochem upper div classes (knock on wood) and have a good amount of ec's.

I was wondering if it would be pointless if I were to take random, easy online community college classes in order to boost my gpa? I was thinking of maybe taking a bs easy class like personal development, or some easy sociology class. My CC gpa isnt low, but I approximated that my CC gpa will go up by 0.1 if I get A's in 21 units worth of classes (7 classes).

Is it worth it to take all those useless CC class just to boost my cc gpa? Or should I just focus on maintaining my grades at UC?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gabreezy

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Chill out brubru, you're trying too hard.

4. LizzyM

LizzyM the evil queen of numbers
    Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Not worth it. Don't even think about it. We'll see it for what it is and it won't help.

5. Evisju7

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would probably be the first to take some alternative stance. But on this, it really isn't worth it. Put that time into research, volunteering, work, or shadowing (or a combination).