1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is it useless to take random CC classes AFTER I have transferred to a UC??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by az43, Sep 5, 2014.

1. az43

2+ Year Member

Last year I transferred to a UC from a California CC. I completed all my pre reqs at the CC and am doing very well in my biochem upper div classes (knock on wood) and have a good amount of ec's.

I was wondering if it would be pointless if I were to take random, easy online community college classes in order to boost my gpa? I was thinking of maybe taking a bs easy class like personal development, or some easy sociology class. My CC gpa isnt low, but I approximated that my CC gpa will go up by 0.1 if I get A's in 21 units worth of classes (7 classes).

Is it worth it to take all those useless CC class just to boost my cc gpa? Or should I just focus on maintaining my grades at UC?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gabreezy

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Chill out brubru, you're trying too hard.

4. LizzyM

LizzyM the evil queen of numbers
    Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Not worth it. Don't even think about it. We'll see it for what it is and it won't help.

5. Evisju7

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would probably be the first to take some alternative stance. But on this, it really isn't worth it. Put that time into research, volunteering, work, or shadowing (or a combination).