is it worth it going to closer look days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am OOS and would have to fly in to attend the closer look day. I have yet to find any roommates for the year and would like some, do you think its a waste of money to fly out just for a closer look day?

Members don't see this ad.

Free tshirt and a free lunch weren't worth a 14 hour drive for me :(

I would only go if I was deciding between multiple schools.

Reactions: 1 users

Even still, they all schedule it on pretty much the same day

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

what about if you were trying to find roommates?

Most schools have a Facebook page for the class. That's probably a good place to start
Ik they do. You have any experience finding roommates you've never met before? sorta makes me anxious

Ik they do. You have any experience finding roommates you've never met before? sorta makes me anxious

Ask about their bathroom habits/cleanliness, going out/drinking habits, and whether they have a boyfriend or girlfriend who will be spending a significant time around the place. If they don't match with your answers, find someone else. It sucks having a roommate that is your opposite.

I am OOS and would have to fly in to attend the closer look day. I have yet to find any roommates for the year and would like some, do you think its a waste of money to fly out just for a closer look day?
Seems like an insane expense.