is it worth it to apply for Meharry now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtran95

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is my stat: 19 PAT 20 TS 19 AA, Cumulative GPA :3.42 and Science GPA is 3.36, have dental experience, volunteer and extra curricular activities and a little bit of research. I already applied to a lot of schools including NYU, BU, Temple, UOP, USC, Western...I turned in my app to AADSAS in Aug 4th and finished some secondary applications. I already got rejected from Case =(...I am thinking of applying for Meharry, wonder whether it is worth it and whether it is too late because my friend just got an interview from them.
Please give me some advice. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So here is my stat: 19 PAT 20 TS 19 AA, Cumulative GPA :3.42 and Science GPA is 3.36, have dental experience, volunteer and extra curricular activities and a little bit of research. I already applied to a lot of schools including NYU, BU, Temple, UOP, USC, Western...I turned in my app to AADSAS in Aug 4th and finished some secondary applications. I already got rejected from Case =(...I am thinking of applying for Meharry, wonder whether it is worth it and whether it is too late because my friend just got an interview from them.
Please give me some advice. Thanks

Are you an underrepresented Minority? Specifically African American/Latino? I wouldn't waste the money if you are not

Members don't see this ad :)
I would apply if I were you... :nod:

I am Vietnamese

since u're azn i wouldn't apply if i were u. i would add midwestern and maybe nova or howard. even applying to howard would be better than meharry since they accept more azns.

I'm asian, but I'm also a refugee.. spent 18 months at a refugee camp. Does that improve things?

Asians don't usually count as a "minority" but more of a model minority b/c there's so many of us in the field. When they say minority...they mean underrepresented minorities such as Hispanic Americans, African Americans, and Native Americans.

So being Asian does not give you an upper hand when applying.