SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Is it worth it to apply for university of pacific given my stat?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Smooth Operater, May 15, 2007.

1. Smooth Operater

Smooth Operater don't bug "operatEr"! 5+ Year Member

May 22, 2004
    Hello, Is it worth it to apply for university of pacific given my stat? Do I have a pretty good shot? I have lots of dental related experiences. Thanks!

3.4 GPA
    22 AA and 19 PAT on DAT.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. blasterx

blasterx 2+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2007
    God help me if we end up at the same school.

4. infernobutterfl

infernobutterfl Pyro user 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2005
    have you done any research yourself?

if not... no.. there is no worth in applying to any schools... sorry...

5. wackiezackie82

wackiezackie82 My Idol 2+ Year Member

Apr 17, 2007
    They're all trying to scare you off. That's not true. You can get in but you HAVE TO APPLY EARLY.The first chance you get. Good Luck.:luck:

6. crazy_sherm

crazy_sherm å♪▼æ╬‼▄· Dentist 10+ Year Member

Jul 18, 2004
    San Francisco
    Your RC score poses a problem.

7. prez_al

prez_al 5+ Year Member

May 17, 2006
    Nope, I had 22+ scores except for PAT and was rejected

8. sunnytooth

sunnytooth

Apr 14, 2007
    Obviously you were lacking in other areas. This person could very well get in, I say go for it. You've got nothing to lose. In fact, if you have a strong personal statement that makes you standout, strong letter of rec, and significant dental experience that let's them know that you indeed want to be a dentist you've got a really good shot don't let no one tell you different.

9. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Jul 2, 2006
    West of MLK
    have you seen this person's other posts?

jb!:)

10. blasterx

blasterx 2+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2007
    :spam:

11. dentaldentist

dentaldentist Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Aug 21, 2006
    You have a shot, but only if you apply early - like within the next month. UOP gets a ton of applications because it is the only 3 year program so it is competitive, but your stats certainly indicate you would be considered. The only way to find out is to apply.

12. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Dallas
    I agree that Smooth has nothing to lose by trying to apply.

I disagree that Prez-al was somehow lacking in other areas and therefore didn't get into Pacific. That very well could be the case, but ADCOMs are human and make mistakes too. I'm sure there is a high chance Prez-al would have made a wonderful Pacific student with excellent academic and clinical skills and a good personality fit for the school. The truth is ADCOMs are as prone to error as any of us. They overlook some perfect candidates for the school and select some people who end up being a very poor fit to the school. If they didn't make mistakes...every student matriculating into a school would graduate from dental school without failing out or quitting due to a dislike of the field and every student would bond and get along well in the school. Pacific has a great but imperfect track record like most schools. It's harsh to just assume people didn't get in due solely to their own deficits

13. Mstoothlady2012

Mstoothlady2012 5+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2007
    FL
    I heard UOP is one of the easiest school to get in... i read it on SDN...sorry if i am wrong.

14. Streetwolf

Streetwolf Ultra Senior Member Dentist 7+ Year Member

Oct 25, 2006
    NJ
    Ahahah actually I'd be interested to see the interview.

15. SirShagaLot

SirShagaLot Move Maker Extraordinaire 5+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Prison
    theres no way thats true....in fact UOP is one of the only schools whos dental program is 3 yrs.....cramming 4 yrs into 3 yrs is def. going to narrow the playing field.

16. wizziefiend

wizziefiend Guest

Nov 25, 2006
    I heard girls can't be dentists... i read it on SDN...sorry if i am wrong

17. Snahster

Snahster 2+ Year Member

Nov 9, 2006
    No, I had better GPA, Better DAT scores, tons of ECs, was accepted to all of the schools I interviewed at EXCEPT pacific.... who didn't even offer me an interview..