Is it worth it to minor in psych? Will grad programs care about that? My major is Behavior and Healt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DevelopmentaIsh97

Reaction score
I already have taken four psych classes, have worked in three different psychology labs throughout undergrad, and am writing an honors thesis with a psych lab. I am also submitting an abstract for a national conference in March. I would really like to take family psychology next semester, but the only class I can swap out and still graduate early (in December) is an experimental developmental psychology class. I don't really feel like I need to take that class; I have worked in developmental psychology research for over a year! But it is a requirement to fulfill the psych minor at my university. Is it worth it? Will grad programs care about that at all?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I already have taken four psych classes, have worked in three different psychology labs throughout undergrad, and am writing an honors thesis with a psych lab. I am also submitting an abstract for a national conference in March. I would really like to take family psychology next semester, but the only class I can swap out and still graduate early (in December) is an experimental developmental psychology class. I don't really feel like I need to take that class; I have worked in developmental psychology research for over a year! But it is a requirement to fulfill the psych minor at my university. Is it worth it? Will grad programs care about that at all?

Thanks!

As long as you have good grades in your major and all the required pre-req classes for grad school my experience has been no one will care what your major was much less about a minor. Also, it sounds like you're doing the more important thing which is engaging in research.