Is it worth it to retake classes that you had tested out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basarachobits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a AP credit on Physics, I am wondering if it is worth it to retake it since some dental schools do not accept AP credits (like Tufts)?
And my second question is what other dental schools do not accept AP credits?
third question, can general chemistry count as inorganic chemistry?

Members don't see this ad.

isnt inorganic chem same thing as gen chem?

isnt inorganic chem same thing as gen chem?
I thought so too, but when you look at the prerequisites of the dental schools, mostly they say inorganic chem is required. So, I was just confused. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
definitely take the classes!!!!!
nothing is better than getting an A in a class that you didn't have to study that hard for...not to mention getting better prep for the next class.

I have a AP credit on Physics, I am wondering if it is worth it to retake it since some dental schools do not accept AP credits (like Tufts)?
And my second question is what other dental schools do not accept AP credits?
third question, can general chemistry count as inorganic chemistry?
gen chem is DEF not o chem. I think if one of the schools which you are REALLY intrested in that don't take AP credit, then you definitely should take the class.

What!?? Tufts doesn't accept AP credits or Tufts doesn't accept AP credits for prereqs?

What!?? Tufts doesn't accept AP credits or Tufts doesn't accept AP credits for prereqs?

quoting "Additionally, the Admissions Committee will not recognize pre-requisites completed by earning Advanced Placement credits. Applicants who have received college credit and/or placed out of pre-requisite courses because of AP credits must either retake those courses at a four year institution or take an equal number of credits in upper level coursework in the same discipline at a four year institution."

http://dental.tufts.edu/1176295338385/TUSDM-Page-dental2w_1186496760237.html#procedures

gen chem = bit of every little easy topics
inorganic chem = more advanced chem that doesn't involve carbon
organic chem = chem with lots of carbon and rxns.

The 3 are very different courses.