Is it worth it to send in a secondary now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiggahova

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With no interviews so far I am getting a little nervous. I am thinking of filling out secondaries I never sent in before. Is it worth to send in a secondary now even though its been in my mailbox for a month and a half?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you, I'm going ahead and sending a few more secondaries out by tomorrow. I don't know whether it's too late or not, but it doesn't hurt trying right?

Same here. I have one secondary left to submit (that I've received), and I will be sending it tomorrow. I still haven't heard at all from two schools though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you, I'm going ahead and sending a few more secondaries out by tomorrow. I don't know whether it's too late or not, but it doesn't hurt trying right?

Well it does cost money. I know a lot of people are still sending in secondaries but my question is should I send in the ones that have been in my mailbox for like 6 weeks. My school has told me to not bother sending them in if they are over two weeks old, but I am getting kind of desperate.

Well it does cost money. I know a lot of people are still sending in secondaries but my question is should I send in the ones that have been in my mailbox for like 6 weeks. My school has told me to not bother sending them in if they are over two weeks old, but I am getting kind of desperate.

I would send them in. You don't want to regret it later.

i have some that i have had for ~6 weeks and thats why i decided against submitting them. it kind of sucks that they hold that against you. it puts broke people at a disadvantage. i would have loved to submit all 20 of my secondaries ASAP, but i can only work on weekends which added up to being able to afford 1-3 secondaries a week.

i dont know. i dont think now is TOO late- judging from other threads i think a lot of people suffer from the ohmygod-did-i-apply-to-enough-schools panic and add some last minute ones. i bet they get a wave of apps before the deadline.

also, though. i have to wonder, if schools are so busy they can barely complete people in under a month, do they really notice if you sat on your secondary for one week or six? if they like you, will they really care? (i dont know. maybe the answer is yes.) :shrug:

i have some that i have had for ~6 weeks and thats why i decided against submitting them. it kind of sucks that they hold that against you. it puts broke people at a disadvantage. i would have loved to submit all 20 of my secondaries ASAP, but i can only work on weekends which added up to being able to afford 1-3 secondaries a week.

i dont know. i dont think now is TOO late- judging from other threads i think a lot of people suffer from the ohmygod-did-i-apply-to-enough-schools panic and add some last minute ones. i bet they get a wave of apps before the deadline.

also, though. i have to wonder, if schools are so busy they can barely complete people in under a month, do they really notice if you sat on your secondary for one week or six? if they like you, will they really care? (i dont know. maybe the answer is yes.) :shrug:
I am pretty sure they don't.
Are they really going to go - wow, great applicant but took a month to reply. Reject.
People go on vacations, summer camp, travel, etc. They honestly don't expect you to be sitting at home every night writing apps for the entire summer.

I think the exception to this rule are the schools that have deadlines.

That is pretty stupid advice. last cycle I had secondaries, from maryland and temple, that I sat on for six weeks (they had some essays and I got lazy) and got interviews from both of those schools.

I still got 7 or 8 secondaries untouched. Doesn't that make my situation way worse? They came piling in Monday after my AMCAS was verified.