Is it worth it (UPitt)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calvinandhobbes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I recently received an interview invite for Upitt coming up really soon. The problem is, i'll be paying around 300 for a round trip ticket, and may not be able to find student housing (looks like everyone is booked).

Do you think I should attend this interview? I called to ask if their class was filled, and they replied "we are still sending out interview invites". I really do not want to be going through all this trouble just to be interviewing for a spot on their waitlist, but at the same time I feel it's pretty stupid to pass up a chance to interview at such a great school.

Do any of you know if they are all filled up or if it's worth it for me to take a shot?

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

calvinandhobbes said:
Hey y'all,

Do any of you know if they are all filled up or if it's worth it for me to take a shot?

thanks a lot

Yes, it is filled up. If you check on Wall of fame, Upitt threw out lots and lots of acceptances early. If you would really like to go to Pitt and think $300 is worth a shot on their waitlist, then go ahead.

Mixtli said:
Yes, it is filled up. If you check on Wall of fame, Upitt threw out lots and lots of acceptances early. If you would really like to go to Pitt and think $300 is worth a shot on their waitlist, then go ahead.

I would call them and ask if you are interviewing for a waitlist spot. Don't assume that the numbers of people on SDN are accurate.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is so bad about interviewing for waitlists? It's not like you're less in when they call you down the road.

My interview is scheduled for 3/6 and I'm going.
Still haven't looked for student housing, will email them today.
I say go for it, unless you would not go to the school if accepted.
If you would, then GO to the interview.
What day you scheduled for? is it 3/6?

good luck

if they admitted you, would you strongly consider going there? If so, go. A woman in my office just turned down their offer of acceptance, so there's a slot for you to fill!

slim06 said:
if they admitted you, would you strongly consider going there? If so, go. A woman in my office just turned down their offer of acceptance, so there's a slot for you to fill!

If you think you might really like the school and you're worried about interviewing for the waitlist, I think you should go. From what I understand, that waitlist should see some real movement come may 15. Pitt is a great school, but if I get the nod from Columbia, there's another open slot right there.

If you're not really excited about Pitt, then that's a different story.

I think you should go. I just interviewed there about two weeks ago and got accepted today, there are still spots. Besides, it is a great school and definetly worth a shot.

dbhvt said:
If you're not really excited about Pitt, then that's a different story.

Yep. Don't waste money or time if you don't really wanna go there.