Is It Worth It?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Lyss

Professional Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm scheduled to take the MCAT 5/27 so I can apply fairly early this year. However, as I get closer I'm still not happy with my scores (especially in PS). I'm thinking about rescheduling to 6/13, which would give me an extra 2 weeks. This is the latest I could take the MCAT if I want to apply this year (I have an intensive internship until August). I have no clue what to do and wanted to get advice from the experienced =) Do you think it's worth it to take the extra 2 weeks of straight study time or in your experience will it not change my scores by too much and would be a waste of money?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't done the AAMC ones yet. I've been doing the TPR because i heard they were more difficult

Last edited:
my suggestion would be to take an AAMC for a more accurate prediction of your score and maybe decide from there. although, IMHO i don't think 2 weeks will make much of a difference.. but it oculd just be me

Take the two weeks and cram. No matter how many intense internships you do if you have a 24 on the MCAT you are going to be my classmate in the caribbean come fall 09. Maybe you want to consider prioritizing accordingly.

Oh, and if you haven't taken at least 5 of the AAMC tests you can't consider yourself prepared in my book.