Is it worth sending in secondary fees at this time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroCool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received the supplemental application paper from Temple asking for additional information, as well as the usual supplemental fee. Is it even worth sending them the supplemental fee at this point in the application cycle?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes Yes Yes

Do you want to go there? If yes, then YES! You have to go through the motions, ie, pay the fee, go to the interview to be admitted!

So YES!

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember that you are asking your competitors.

Bungipug said:
I just received the supplemental application paper from Temple asking for additional information, as well as the usual supplemental fee. Is it even worth sending them the supplemental fee at this point in the application cycle?? :confused:

It's only $30 for Temple. Definitely yes!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
rambo2006 said:

Oh, in that case, NO! tear up all your secondaries and apply to be dental hygenist. :laugh:

i might have received teh same letter as you, they asked me to schedule an interview and fill out the secondary app and mail in the money. was your secondary app ridiculously short and quick (the yellow paper), that asked for your basic info: name, address, email. phone#?

Bungipug said:

do it. temple admits a lot of class after december 1st.

twinklit said:
i might have received teh same letter as you, they asked me to schedule an interview and fill out the secondary app and mail in the money. was your secondary app ridiculously short and quick (the yellow paper), that asked for your basic info: name, address, email. phone#?

Got a similar letter. Although, my letter asked for the fee in order to initially review my app. Also, it said that my review process may take up to six weeks. It never asked me to schedule an interview though, so I guess it will cash my check and send me a rejection notice :eek:

Also, my letter was green!!!!! Yikes! It reeks of rejection!

rambo2006 said:

This is the second post that you include this phrase in. I think we are all aware of that!! No one is forcing you to ask a question nor take the answer to be valid or go by it. Please do not use such comments anymore and stop trying to be the good guy around here. I think we can live with one less person on this forum...

$30 secondary is considered a bargain. go for it.

BentalScholar said:
This is the second post that you include this phrase in. I think we are all aware of that!! No one is forcing you to ask a question nor take the answer to be valid or go by it. Please do not use such comments anymore and stop trying to be the good guy around here. I think we can live with one less person on this forum...

You say: "No one is forcing you to ask a question" I'm not asking a question, I am repying to one Einstein. Your new to this forum and your already speaking on behalf of everyone "I think we are all aware of blah blah." If your not constructively answering the original question in this thread you a diservice. I dont even know if answering you was worth it or not.

i also received a letter for the $30 but i had no interview letter attached to that. So it means that all they want is the money? :( Or did any of you send the check first and then got invited to an interview afterwards? Thanks for your reply!

mid9blu said:
i also received a letter for the $30 but i had no interview letter attached to that. So it means that all they want is the money? :( Or did any of you send the check first and then got invited to an interview afterwards? Thanks for your reply!

I got that green letter too, but I got the interview letter a couple of weeks after that. It's only $30, just pay the fee!!!!

rambo2006 said:
You say: "No one is forcing you to ask a question" I'm not asking a question, I am repying to one Einstein. Your new to this forum and your already speaking on behalf of everyone "I think we are all aware of blah blah." If your not constructively answering the original question in this thread you a diservice. I dont even know if answering you was worth it or not.

Play nice, guys.

Most dental schools consider the secondary fee a part of the entire application: without yours would be incomplete. As other members have pointed out, $30 really isn't bad in terms of secondary fees. If you are seriously considering Temple, then yes, send in the money. I also encourage you to do it with certified funds, such as a cashier's cheque. Why? Dental schools have been known to hold onto checks for a long time and you don't want to accidentally spend that money away in your checking account and that is why I think it is best to pay up front and they can cash the thing on their own time without any additional stress to you. Best of luck!

I also got a letter from Temple. They invited me for an interview without paying the 30. I still have to send it in before interviewing.