Is it worth to buy the second edition of Blumenfeld Neuroanatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seasurfer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought the first edition when I was a medical student (shamefully, I am yet to finish reading this book), now a neurology resident, do you guys think it is worth to get the second edition? Is the second edition updated with a lot more information? Please let me know what you guys think? Thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Eh, anatomy doesn't change too much. Some of the correlates might have been expanded, but unless you're getting it for a deep discount or the department is getting it for you, I wouldn't bother.

Then again, I'm not really much of a textbook learner, so YMMV.

I bought the first edition when I was a medical student (shamefully, I am yet to finish reading this book), now a neurology resident, do you guys think it is worth to get the second edition? Is the second edition updated with a lot more information? Please let me know what you guys think? Thanks.:)

I believe the new edition has some different case studies otherwise it is the same. As mentioned above, anatomy doesn't change. I would say keep the old one. It's a great basic book. Used it last night to brush up on my aphasias after my transcortical motor admit. On the other hand, nighthawk read this left frontal as a parietal, maybe anatomy has changed! Ha.