Quantcast

Is July 17th too late to take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sugarmagnolia91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I'm supposed to take it June 24 but I'm really not ready... I can take it July 14-17 but will my app not be complete until August in that case?

Thanks in advance!

RuffDay

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, your app won't be complete until August. I am not sure if that is late or not.

y3nd0

Kitteh likes to stare
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It will totally be fine. If you read my DAT breakdown, you'll see that one of my biggest pieces of advice is to postpone your DAT if you're not ready. Take it now and get a horrible score, greatly affecting your chances of acceptance + 3 month waiting period before taking it again + another $400, or $100 for postponing and being only a few weeks late in your app? Do NOT be afraid of being early or late. As long as your app is complete by mid August, you're still in the green (i.e any interviews you do or don't get did not largely depend on when you submitted your app).

Reactions: 1 users

OrthoFriendly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You will be fine - postpone and aim for a higher score

My app was not complete till mid-August and I got into my top choice school. A good score goes a long way.

Reactions: 1 user

RuffDay

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am taking it on July 2nd and this should give me about 2 weeks to do practice problems. Not confident, but if I am not ready, then I will postpone.

SableFire

D4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can also fax your scores into schools both Minnesota and Marquette allowed that for me.

Kittenz

Class of 19'
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not going to hurt you, I took it from Mid to late July and did fine.

Daneosaurus

D4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You won't be considered early, but mid-August isn't considered late either