Is Kaplan good for shelf exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berkeleyboy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start my first rotation in surgery. It sucks because I didn't get to choose my rotation schedule and thus got stuck with surgery first. Although I am excited to start and eventually want to end up persuing something in surgery, I have heard that a lot of the surgery shelf exam is medicine. So what I want to know is there anyone out there who has used the kaplan step2 lecture notes to study for shelfs? I'm planning to use Lawrence as my main text for surgery and recall for the floor. For Q sources I'm going to use A & L and pretest. I was also going to go thru kaplan for medicine and surgery since I have a new kaplan step2 lecture notes set. Is this advisable? Any imput on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Berk

Members don't see this ad.

I think getting through the Lawrence text and recall will be enough, as long as you do questions too. I wouldnt spend much time studying medicine, its not really on the surgery shelf. THe shelf is more about dx and management of surgical conditions etc.. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
NMS Casebook and BRS General surgery

Thanks you guys. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Berk