IS KBB enough for the biology section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texas2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am preparing to take the DAT and am using the KBB 7th edition for my preparation. I keep hearing and reading mixed things about KBBs biology section. I have already read the entire biology section once and even I feel as if it did not cover many aspects in great detail. So my concern is whether KBB is enough to do well on the biology section of the DAT? Or should I consider other sources?

Any advice would help and thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I am preparing to take the DAT and am using the KBB 7th edition for my preparation. I keep hearing and reading mixed things about KBBs biology section. I have already read the entire biology section once and even I feel as if it did not cover many aspects in great detail. So my concern is whether KBB is enough to do well on the biology section of the DAT? Or should I consider other sources?

Any advice would help and thanks in advance! :)

The biology is so random on the DAT that you probably will need to study from a lot of sources to do well. KBB is especially terrible though, so no.

As Froggie said, KBB is absolute not enough! It might be a good start, but def not enough.

I'm a brutal example for a "no" answer. I used only KBB the first time I took my DAT; got a 16. Second time, cliff's AP bio+ barron's AP bio + kaplan AP bio + do a lot of problems; got a 24. So up to you. For me, I don't think KBB will have your basis covered.