Is Khan Academy CARS good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sharoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Is KA CARS realstic (in terms of passage/question difficulty) as well as the score you could expect on an actual FL from doing KA CARS only?

Members don't see this ad.

I found KA CARS passage difficulty fairly representative of AAMC materials but their questions slightly off. I wouldn't expect a good score from using KA CARS only, since AAMC materials are extremely valuable.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed- the passages are good, but the questions are less so. The best way to improve in CARS is just to do tons of practice, so use KA CARS to work on your reading skills and use the questions to assess comprehension, but be wary that the questions won't be that representative of the real exam.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
I found KA CARS passage difficulty fairly representative of AAMC materials but their questions slightly off. I wouldn't expect a good score from using KA CARS only, since AAMC materials are extremely valuable.
Thank you! I appreciate your feedback! :)

Agreed- the passages are good, but the questions are less so. The best way to improve in CARS is just to do tons of practice, so use KA CARS to work on your reading skills and use the questions to assess comprehension, but be wary that the questions won't be that representative of the real exam.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
For sure, I will start with these and work my way up!