Is late July-early August too late to take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teefdocta

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm like not so ready to take the test that supposed to be done in 4 more weeks.
I'm all stressed out about the biology section, I haven't touched QR yet an so swamped with OC. I have both GPA of 4.0 but since the DAT is the real deal in the application. Would it be better for me to postpone it?
Btw, these are schools on my list. Please give me some thoughts and suggestion.
I'm an international student, so most likely not consider to be any state resident.

HvSddi2L-zgeHaf2A1flGgGv3qldOIhDOivOxaMdSlE

Members don't see this ad.

Take your DAT whenever you feel most prepared. Some people take the DAT in October and even November.
Your GPA is good enough to have a later application.
Your image didn't show up so I can't see your list of schools but if you submit your AADSAS electronically right now and wait for your DAT to come in, that would be best for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Take your DAT whenever you feel most prepared. Some people take the DAT in October and even November.
Your GPA is good enough to have a later application.
Your image didn't show up so I can't see your list of schools but if you submit your AADSAS electronically right now and wait for your DAT to come in, that would be best for you.
Thank you though! But at the same time I feel like the more I push it back to more time I have to spend to wander around and get more stress >"<

Attachments

• school.JPG
    school.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 78
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm assuming you are a CA resident?

Have you taken any of the DAT practice tests? If so, what are your scores? If not, maybe take one and go from there?

Reactions: 1 user
I took my dat sept 19 and faxed my unofficial scores. I got in. Would I do it again? No. I suggest you take it during July and remember that you will never feel truly ready for it. There's always something else to know. But don't let delaying the exam make you be lazy so that you'll have to put it off again! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I took mine Sep 20th and still get into my school, so july/august is not too late. I thought about postponing my test to study more and applying just one year later because I never felt prepared for the DAT. But I still decided to take it at the end and I got 25AA. My point is you probably won't feel ready no matter how much time you have. Trust yourself and go rock it!

Reactions: 2 users