Is M.D. (US) recognized by MCI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I mean, which countries?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
this prob doesnt help much but after finishing your MBBS you would apply for an Internal Medicine residency in the US. Assuming you obtain this spot and finish your 3 years, then you take the Internal Medicine Boards. if you pass this, then you are board certified BC/BE in in Internal Med. You never get an MD degree (you have the MBBS you are completing)...but unfortunately not sure if this BC in Internal medicine is accredited in india. I mean i would think that it is but your best bet is to look into more info the American board of internal medicine www.abim.org website for info on worldwide licensing etc or India's governing body. sorry im sure others know much more about this. goodluck

chicago13 is right. The residency training is not a degree. Thus after completing your residency you would still not have a master's degree. The other options are completing an MD in India and then starting the residency in the US or opting for a fellowship in the US in which case you will have your fellowship credentials attached to your MBBS.
Regarding the acceptability of your additional education back in India. Well you will have the advantage of having additional experience abroad. As for the licensing you will have to pass the Indian equivalent of the licensing examination but this is the same exam that you might have already passed after or during your MBBS.