Is May 18th MCAT too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cordellheckel

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently registered for the March 31st MCAT. I've heard how important it is to turn in your primary application as soon as possible. If I take the mcat May 18th, I wont receive my scores until June 20th -- 2 weeks after the primary application can be submitted. I think the 6 extra weeks will be helpful for studying, but I'm not sure if my scores being processed June 20th would hinder my chances. I might be tripping but I'd like some advice..

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Never take the test when you're not ready. If that means having to take it in May or July then so be it. And anyways May 18 is not late at all. I took it July 8 and was verified 8/16 (submitted before receiving my score). I received some late responses, but it's worked out well. Just rock the test on your time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine on April 23rd last year, and I turned my app in the first day it opened. You'll be fine, just make sure you do well on it, because you be in a time crunch if you have to retake.

You'll be fine. I took it in July, still got in. Don't follow my example but being late is not disqualifying.

May 18th is fine. I took the MCAT around then, and my cycle has been fine so far! Just be relatively sure you're ready; the need to retake will slow your cycle down.

I took it may 20th this past year, got the scores in June, verified by July. That's still plenty early. I liked taking it when I did, because I had a solid two weeks after the end of the semester to cram in anything I didn't know. Most important thing is to be ready when you take it.

May is fine. You will still have time to work on your personal statement and even prewrite some secondaries.Just get your LORs arranged and then focus on doing well on your MCAT.

May 18th is more than fine. I took mine the second to last date (September 9th) of last year and I was still accepted to 2 of the 4 schools I applied to. I was even given a full ride for my choice school. It's not so much about getting in early as it is about killing the interview and having a great statement/application.

^ I agree. Took mine June 18 and was accepted. More about the rest of the application and turning in secondary apps quickly.