Is MAY too late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j0ez0r

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
+1

If your AMCAS is ready and just waiting on your MCAT score release, then taking the May exam still puts you in the early camp.

+2

Since the OP was asking about Texas schools, the corresponding application would be the TMDSAS, but same difference. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
You can submit your AMCAS before you receive your MCAT scores. If you want to save money or are unsure about applying this year, you can always just apply to one school just to get your AMCAS processed (which is what takes so long anyways) and then tack on the other schools when you receive the score.

I was told that you could take the MCAT up until June 15 to be considered "early". Is this true?

The pre-health advisor at my school said that she would consider June to be late because your application would go in after the huge April and slightly smaller May waves of applications.

Sorry I misread the original post. :oops:

Yeah you're fine :)

But to add about Texas interviews - get all your stuff in and completed so that you're ONLY waiting on your MCAT score. The earlier the better with TX. My first interview invite came the 2nd week of July. (Get that LOR in too - that's what held up my being complete - I actually interviewed at my first school w/o it.)

as of now im scheduled to take the mcat april 16th...im not quite where i wanted to be so i was wondering if taking a may mcat would give me a late start on application reviews by texas medical schools....

take it when you feel the most prepared. i took it in august and have been accepted at several schools.

can i submit my aacomas app while waiting for the mcat score? beucase i plan on taking it june 15, however my gpa is a little on the weak side so i really want to apply "Early." If i am able to do this, how can will the school recieve my mcat scores after they have arrived?

can i submit my aacomas app while waiting for the mcat score? beucase i plan on taking it june 15, however my gpa is a little on the weak side so i really want to apply "Early." If i am able to do this, how can will the school recieve my mcat scores after they have arrived?

yes you can. It is acctually a good idea since it takes weeks for the aaps to get processed and your GPA to be calculated. The schools will be automatically update with your scores as far as you designate AMCAS or ACOMAS as one of the parties that are to receive your score report.

can you designate both AMCAS and ACOMAS as the parties you will be applying to when you take the MCAT's?

does anyone know when the first day is that you can submit amcas?

and this may be a stupid question, but is amcas 2007 for people who will be applying this summer?

thanks.

does anyone know when the first day is that you can submit amcas?

and this may be a stupid question, but is amcas 2007 for people who will be applying this summer?

thanks.

Usually early June. Applicants applying this summer will need AMCAS 2008, which should be on the AMCAS website in early May this year.

The pre-health advisor at my school said that she would consider June to be late because your application would go in after the huge April and slightly smaller May waves of applications.

The apps for both AMCAS and ACCOMAS open up in May, but can't officially be submitted until June 1st(accomas at least, AMCAS is close but not before this date). No one is able to apply in April for entry into the following year class. I was told that taking the test in April or May will yield the exact same processing times, remember you can submit your app as soon as June 1st hits and add your score when available(June 16 or 17th for you May 16th takers). Most schools won't even receive apps and send out secondaries until July and August, the earliest will be late June at best.

Let's not forget guys, when the test was only offered twice a year the April testers didn't get their scores back before June first. :oops:

GL everyone:thumbup: