Is MCAT score required for AMCAS verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

Alfred E Newman

Just curious if you can submit your application and get verified by AMCAS without having your MCAT score in yet? I take the MCAT on July 10th. Is there any advantage to be having my application done early if I'm waiting on a MCAT score until mid-August?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting ready to apply, but I believe you can definitely submit your AMCAS without your MCAT score. In fact, you definitely want to do that. You want the schools to already have your AMCAS so when you MCAT scores comes in, they are ready to review your app. You want to go ahead and get transcripts and app verified ASAP.

Like the previous poster said, pretty much no school with give secondaries/interview without the score, but you can go ahead and get the application to them.

I'm getting ready to apply, but I believe you can definitely submit your AMCAS without your MCAT score. In fact, you definitely want to do that. You want the schools to already have your AMCAS so when you MCAT scores comes in, they are ready to review your app. You want to go ahead and get transcripts and app verified ASAP.

Like the previous poster said, pretty much no school with give secondaries/interview without the score, but you can go ahead and get the application to them.

Thanks guys for the info. I'm a little bummed taking the MCAT mid-July, but it is what it is, and I can't do much about it now...well, just continue to study.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking it in July too -- July 18. I don't think it's late. Is that why you're bummed? According to most everyone I talk to, the date is fine so long as you submit AMCAS by mid June or so.

Thanks guys for the info. I'm a little bummed taking the MCAT mid-July, but it is what it is, and I can't do much about it now...well, just continue to study.

True. Sending in AMCAS early will NOT hurt..... unless the school loses some paperwork during the interim lol.

Don't worry man. Just try and aim high on MCAT. Also took MCAT late, Aug back in 03. Was fine.

Thanks phatib. I've ben a bit worried that I'm taking the MCAT "late" July 10 and my score wont be out until around Aug 10.

come on alfred...you're supposed to know this already