Is med school a fierce competition for desirable

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

searun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
mates? I was just watching a program on the Discovery Channel and the point of the program is that most animal behavior can be explained by the fierce competition for desireable mates. Is that what med school really is all about. To make ourselves attractive to an equally attractive mate? Is med school really a mating ritual?

Members don't see this ad.

If it is, then that's one more thing I suck at in medical school. :( ;)

Searun, why do you do this to us?

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZKfn79e6Y[/YOUTUBE]
*Figure out the English translation of the song and you'll get the joke*

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZKfn79e6Y[/YOUTUBE]
*Figure out the English translation of the song and you'll get the joke*

Hey murphy~ your quote sounds really familiar lol

MURPHY? Ive never heard anyone call him that before. This calls for a Murphy picture special :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well, am I supposed to be happy to be the first one to call him Murphy then?

Yeah, that sums it up. I'm trying to get my MD just to date a girl. Man, requirements to procreate with the best egg-producing gals are just so high these days. What's up with that? Wait, I got it! If I fake my fitness (ie medical degree), I can increase my chances of getting a mate. This means wearing scrubs all the time with fake blood stains, toting around a stethoscope, acting overly gunner-ish, and, of course, obtaining a laserjet printout of a medical degree. In yo' face natural selection....you punk.

For South Asians it kind of is: If you're a doctor you can have your pick of anyone, and won't have to settle for a skinny guy straight from the motherland who keeps coconut oil in his hair and only wants you for your greencard (or, even better, your citizenship).

mates? I was just watching a program on the Discovery Channel and the point of the program is that most animal behavior can be explained by the fierce competition for desireable mates. Is that what med school really is all about. To make ourselves attractive to an equally attractive mate? Is med school really a mating ritual?
no

My sentiments exactly.

I really really hope this is a joke. If not, I guess it's added incentive to do well. :thumbup:
-Dr. P.

lol, while I'm sure we'd all love to use our MDs to become Christian Troy wannabes (although arguably he's not quite that fit since he only has one son, but still, he's had so many partners that he has a special antibody only manwhores have [actual explanation in an episode!]), I don't think that's quite the reason I'm going to med school. After all, artsy types get all the sex anyways, and the people who tend to have the most kids don't tend to be stressed out MDs with no time to be at home.

On the other hand...it does make you a much more attractive sperm donor if your description says you're a doctor...hmm...

lol

... and the award to the most undesirable thread goes to ...???

For South Asians it kind of is: If you're a doctor you can have your pick of anyone, and won't have to settle for a skinny guy straight from the motherland who keeps coconut oil in his hair and only wants you for your greencard (or, even better, your citizenship).

South Asian girls don't have to be docs so that they don't marry the skinny FOB. You just have to be hot like that American Idol Sanjaya's sister. I mean, she's a Hooters girl for crying out loud.

Actually most guys don't want girls who are docs or dentists. Its most girls who want guys that are in those fields. The girls have a harder time finding someone if she's highly educated because it also means she'll have less time to spend with the kids 24/7 and possibly making more money then the guy.

wow you are too funny! And I can totally imagine the guy you're talking about! lol:laugh:

MURPHY? Ive never heard anyone call him that before. This calls for a Murphy picture special :thumbup: :thumbup:

pweller6.jpg

MY NAME IS MURPHY