Is mid July too late to be considered in first round interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on taking DAT in mid July but I am going to submit my aadsas apps in mid June right after cycle opens and left DAT section part blank.

do you guys think taking DAT in mid july is late to be considered for first round interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I can only speak from my own experience but I know when I took my DAT the week in Aug. It was not soon enough and I did ok on it (AA:21). Lots of people will tell you different things but like I said i took it the first week in aug and i am reapplying this next year.

I can only speak from my own experience but I know when I took my DAT the week in Aug. It was not soon enough and I did ok on it (AA:21). Lots of people will tell you different things but like I said i took it the first week in aug and i am reapplying this next year.

oh my... are you serious...
you have GPAo 3.55 and GPAs 3.45... and AA 21 .. and you didn't get into any schools that you applied to??

How many schools and what schools did you apply to.??

Also.. I don't think taking DAT in august is too late..

Im so surprised..

damn you have nice stats along with nice DAT scores. And no acceptance? nor rejection? wtf

Members don't see this ad :)
You are fine. My friend (20AA, 14QR side note, 3.4 sci gpa) was accepted to UOP, Loma Linda, Louisville, Creighton, AT Still, Midwestern and a few others took the DAT on July 12 last year, but submitted everything else to AADSAS the first week of June. It takes time for ADDSAS to receive all of the transcripts, LOR, etc but the DAT is submitted directly that instant.

You are fine. My friend (20AA, 14QR side note, 3.4 sci gpa) was accepted to UOP, Loma Linda, Louisville, Creighton, AT Still, Midwestern and a few others took the DAT on July 12 last year, but submitted everything else to AADSAS the first week of June. It takes time for ADDSAS to receive all of the transcripts, LOR, etc but the DAT is submitted directly that instant.

Exactly, I took the DAT on July 23rd and I sent in my AADSAS in mid June and I was offered 5 pre-december interviews and some post-dec interviews but I decided not to go because I got into the school I wanted to go. So you'll be ok.

Hope that helps! :)

even I am concerned about taking the DAT in June and being considered an early applicant.

so the DAT is submitted to the schools instantly?? I thought it takes 3-4 weeks for the official DAT scores to reach the schools.
Can someone please clarify this for me.

I want to take the DAT around June 15 and plan on submitting AADSAS early June. However, if i can push the DAT back a little bit more, that would be nice to have more studying time.

even I am concerned about taking the DAT in June and being considered an early applicant.

so the DAT is submitted to the schools instantly?? I thought it takes 3-4 weeks for the official DAT scores to reach the schools.
Can someone please clarify this for me.

I want to take the DAT around June 15 and plan on submitting AADSAS early June. However, if i can push the DAT back a little bit more, that would be nice to have more studying time.

"so the DAT is submitted to the schools instantly?? I thought it takes 3-4 weeks for the official DAT scores to reach the schools."

Yeah.. can someone clarify this??

Exactly, I took the DAT on July 23rd and I sent in my AADSAS in mid June and I was offered 5 pre-december interviews and some post-dec interviews but I decided not to go because I got into the school I wanted to go. So you'll be ok.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks. did you take DATs last year (2009) in july 23rd?

"so the DAT is submitted to the schools instantly?? I thought it takes 3-4 weeks for the official DAT scores to reach the schools."

Yeah.. can someone clarify this??

Yeah you're right it does take that long to send to the schools, but my committee letter is what took the longest b/c they didnt start the letter until I got my DAT scores in. So the letters got to the schools in mid-late august. That's why my first interview was on October 5th, but if you have ur letters already u'll get the interviews even before October. Granted that you have good score on the DAT.

Oh and yes i did take the DAT in 2009.

Yeah you're right it does take that long to send to the schools, but my committee letter is what took the longest b/c they didnt start the letter until I got my DAT scores in. So the letters got to the schools in mid-late august. That's why my first interview was on October 5th, but if you have ur letters already u'll get the interviews even before October. Granted that you have good score on the DAT.

Oh and yes i did take the DAT in 2009.

So, it is not late to take DAT in mid July as long as I complete everything else in mid June right?
so taking DAT in mid July will certainly be considered in first round interview correct?

Jobe:

Don't worry! Although I suggest you completing your app as early as possible, taking the DAT in July will not hurt you much... Assuming you do not need to retake the test of course. I'm not sure if you'll be in the first batch of interviews, but if offered, you'll get pre-Decemeber interviews for sure.

I submitted my AADSAS in late July and took my DATs the first week of September. I guess you can consider me a late applicant. Most of my interviews were post-Dec. I only had one pre-Dec interview. I'm actually still hearing back from a couple schools right now about interview invites. Haha.

I must admit that I was competing for one of the last spots at the schools that I interviewed at, which I guess put me at a disadvantage. A little stressful, but things worked out at the end though. Best of luck to you!

So, it is not late to take DAT in mid July as long as I complete everything else in mid June right?
so taking DAT in mid July will certainly be considered in first round interview correct?

Taking the DAT in July, if you do well, will NOT be late. But, you will not be in the first round of interviews, but u will get plenty of pre-december interviews for sure!

However, if you want the opportunity to retake the DAT, just in case, then I would recommend to take it earlier.

Taking the DAT in July, if you do well, will NOT be late. But, you will not be in the first round of interviews, but u will get plenty of pre-december interviews for sure!

However, if you want the opportunity to retake the DAT, just in case, then I would recommend to take it earlier.

Thank you guys!

hm.... i am probably gonna take early July so..

i hope I get 20+ on my first try!