Is mid-October interview still considered early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cms

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it?

and if so, is it more advantageous to have it at this time rather than mid November or later?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for such quick replies lol!

but I don't really get by what sense is interviewing early advantageous than late..

I don't think the school is rolling based, but is it still advantageous?

but I don't really get by what sense is interviewing early advantageous than late..

If it is not rolling admissions, then it doesn't matter as much. However, most schools have rolling admissions and send out acceptances starting in mid October.

It's advantageous for your mental health!! Just wait until January and see how crazy everyone gets as they stress about whether or not they will get X interview. Meanwhile, you can kick back with Y interviews already under your belt. :cool:

even if admissions decisions are not given on a rolling basis, the admissions committee still meets regularly throughout the season to review, rank, and make decisions on applicants. they don't wait for 1000 interviewees to pile up and then rank them all at the end of the season, they just don't tell YOU what they decide until the determined date, or maybe they make final adjustments before releasing decisions. it depends on the school. as with everything in admissions, earlier is better.

Can someone give a timeline breakdown of thresholds for which dates along a cycle constitute early/mid/late interviews?

I think that's somewhat subjective, but I'd call Sept.-Oct. early, Nov-Dec middle, and anything in and after January late (some might not call it late until February, who knows). This also assuming you submitted the application early/on time. There are always stellar applicants interviewing later who just submitted late because they could afford to do so.