Is mid October too late to apply with my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garrettp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGpa: 3.7, sGpa: 3.6
MCAT: 501, 503
Non-trad (26 y.o.) with average ECs

Cuz of certain issues, I'll only be able to submit my primary app in the middle of October. I'll be applying to 25 or more schools. Is this too late for DO based on my stats? Would I get any love?

Members don't see this ad.

Cuz of certain issues, I'll only be able to submit my primary app in the middle of October. I'll be applying to 25 or more schools. Is this too late for DO based on my stats? Would I get any love?
Your GPA is solid. The MCAT is at the average for a lot of schools so that is also good. SDN wisdom says being complete by Thanksgiving is good for DO I believe. With that many schools you would probably have a decent shot of getting in somewhere. I think you'd be fine but I'd see what older, smarter people here say!

Goro has said the Thanksgiving thing before but idk if it still holds. DO schools seem to be getting more competitive and a lot of people are applying early... I really just don't wanna delay anymore cus I'm gettin old

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

No, not at all. Apply broadly.

Reactions: 1 user

I would expect multiple interviews with your gpa. Apply broadly and smartly and you should have plenty of success.