Is Mount Sinai PBL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radi0headfan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked at their admissions stuff online and couldn't really figure out if they included PBL...it seems like they would...anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks pretty traditional. If they're laden with PBL they're doing a good job of hiding it. Are you trying to write about their curriculum on a secondary?

I looked at their admissions stuff online and couldn't really figure out if they included PBL...it seems like they would...anyone know for sure? Thanks.

hey i am a first year at MSSM. our curriculum is pretty much traditional, but they started this "team based learning" thing this year so it incorporates some PBL. With most lectures we have there is some sort of clinical correlate where they present various disorders that relate to what we are learning about in basic science classes. Besides the clinical correlates in lecture we also have some small group sessions that are fairly similar to PBL. hope this helps.

Looks pretty traditional. If they're laden with PBL they're doing a good job of hiding it. Are you trying to write about their curriculum on a secondary?

Caught me dead in my tracks :laugh: Yea, I'm trying to get their secondary turned in. They say "suggested 200 word limit", but I'm pushing a little over 300. Should I chop a paragraph out, specifically the one where I talk about going to Mount Sinai because of its location in NYC, or is an extra 100-150 words something they really wouldn't notice anyways.