Is muscle physio heavy on the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonari

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't sit down and watch C. Fisher for that section of Kaplan Physio. His antics and jokes that he thinks are funny are more distracting than anything else. I have a pretty good grasp about troponins, actin, myosin - but would I really be hurting myself by excluding those chapters.

It's unfortunate he also did the videos for GI and Endocrine physio. I wish they were taught by Raymon, Kutrath, or even the Renal guy.

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly can't sit down and watch C. Fisher for that section of Kaplan Physio. His antics and jokes that he thinks are funny are more distracting than anything else. I have a pretty good grasp about troponins, actin, myosin - but would I really be hurting myself by excluding those chapters.

It's unfortunate he also did the videos for GI and Endocrine physio. I wish they were taught by Raymon, Kutrath, or even the Renal guy.

Keep watching. He will grow on you.

If you want a bit of a heads up, know how to identify pretty much everything on an electron micrograph of a sarcomere. I cannot stress this more. I've seen, between the NBMEs I've done and QBank questions, many of these questions.

honestly,i hate fisher's style of teaching.
use brs physio or cell and biology for reference instead of kaplan physio

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want a bit of a heads up, know how to identify pretty much everything on an electron micrograph of a sarcomere. I cannot stress this more. I've seen, between the NBMEs I've done and QBank questions, many of these questions.

Second that. I remember seeing on NBME 7 there was a question about this. Also got a question on my CBSSA to identify a structure. Thanks for the info Pholston. Hope you kill your exam.

honestly,i hate fisher's style of teaching.
use brs physio or cell and biology for reference instead of kaplan physio

Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

Second that. I remember seeing on NBME 7 there was a question about this. Also got a question on my CBSSA to identify a structure. Thanks for the info Pholston. Hope you kill your exam.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

Lol. Dudeeee, I'm about to sit NBME6 today and NBME7 two days from now. But I'll pretend like I didn't know what was coming (doesn't make a difference anyway, because, based on my own advice above, I knew it was coming).

hmmm... I don't remember there being that much basic muscle physiology on the exam. just know how to identify the basic EM stuff like what the above posters said, but more of what is tested is pathophysiology which I guess tests your understanding of basic physio indirectly. I guess everyone's step1 is a little different but I think it's safe to say there won't be many questions if any at all wanting to test you in great detail in any given area.