Is my app going to be late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed12324

Reaction score
My MCAT is scheduled for July 7, and I get my score back July 21st. Since i’ll be busy studying and making final edits to my Primary, I won’t have time to prewrite any Secondaries (and take the CASPER exam) until after July 7th. I was planning on submitting to a throwaway school on May 28th so my app gets verified, but since my July 7 MCAT is a retake, I wanted to apply to the rest of the schools after I get my score back. So essentially, I’d get verified around July 10th and send my app to the rest of the schools on July 23rd. How much time (approx) will I have between submitting the already verified app and (potentially) receiving secondaries? I’m scared that i’ll be put behind, especially since I’m a retaker and don’t want to submit my app until my new score comes. I’m super nervous so any advice or insight would be appreciated— thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your secondaries are complete by or around the 1st week of August I would say you are fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as your secondaries are complete by or around the 1st week of August I would say you are fine.
How long does it take for you to get secondaries from the time of primary submission?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

How long does it take for you to get secondaries from the time of primary submission?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It can take 3-5 weeks to get verified. If you follow your timeline and submit your AMCAS application on May 28th then you would be completely verified by mid-June. However, AMCAS has stated they will not be transmitting AMCAS applications until July 10th. So, the earliest you or anyone would be able to receive a secondary would be July 10th. Schools that do not screen applications for GPA or MCAT scores usually send out secondaries within a day or 2 of receiving your primary application.

Last edited: