Is my biology degree OK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobby_chamo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I worry about my biology degree, with the classes I've taken (or will have taken by graduation in December ..)

The biology classes include:

Biol 1 & 2
Genetics
Animal Behavior
Microbiology
Histology
Ecology
Parasitology
An A & P class
and 6 hours of research

Of course, I have all the chem's, physics, etc that are needed.

Will I be hurting because I don't have a strict Physiology course, or a comp. anatomy, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

you'll be fine. if they wanted you to have phys or comp. anatomy they would have made it a requirement.

No worries!
I know people who squeaked by with a lot less. I was never asked about my classes in an interview and I would say my transcript was wimpier than yours. Good grades and MCATs will show that you have the foundation and skills to process the information that will be thrown at you in med school. English and music majors who take the minimum # of required science classes still get in. The admissions people seem to focus a lot more on your "soft" credentials anyway. Life experience, volunteer work, motivation.
My advice, forget science, focus on honing your B.S.ing skills! Good luck.

bobby_chamo said:
I worry about my biology degree, with the classes I've taken (or will have taken by graduation in December ..)

The biology classes include:

Biol 1 & 2
Genetics
Animal Behavior
Microbiology
Histology
Ecology
Parasitology
An A & P class
and 6 hours of research

Of course, I have all the chem's, physics, etc that are needed.

Will I be hurting because I don't have a strict Physiology course, or a comp. anatomy, etc?

Don't worry at all, I was a chemical engineering major and only had 2 bio courses! Yup, good old bio 1&2.