1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Is my biology degree OK?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bobby_chamo, Apr 14, 2004.

1. bobby_chamo

bobby_chamo Member
    7+ Year Member

I worry about my biology degree, with the classes I've taken (or will have taken by graduation in December ..)

The biology classes include:

Biol 1 & 2
    Genetics
    Animal Behavior
    Microbiology
    Histology
    Ecology
    Parasitology
    An A & P class
    and 6 hours of research

Of course, I have all the chem's, physics, etc that are needed.

Will I be hurting because I don't have a strict Physiology course, or a comp. anatomy, etc?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. celticmists18

celticmists18 california dreaming
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you'll be fine. if they wanted you to have phys or comp. anatomy they would have made it a requirement.

4. Kimmer

Kimmer Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No worries!
    I know people who squeaked by with a lot less. I was never asked about my classes in an interview and I would say my transcript was wimpier than yours. Good grades and MCATs will show that you have the foundation and skills to process the information that will be thrown at you in med school. English and music majors who take the minimum # of required science classes still get in. The admissions people seem to focus a lot more on your "soft" credentials anyway. Life experience, volunteer work, motivation.
    My advice, forget science, focus on honing your B.S.ing skills! Good luck.

5. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Don't worry at all, I was a chemical engineering major and only had 2 bio courses! Yup, good old bio 1&2.