Is my postbacc expected to be completed without any gaps??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontrad1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a nontrad about to start a DIY postbac soon. I was just wondering, do adcoms expect me to knock out all the postbacc classes without any time gaps? I might be moving to another state next year, and due to starting a side business as well as moving states, I might take 1 or 2 semesters break from my postbac and then resume it when I have more time. As long as I'm taking 2-3 science classes per semester, is this anything to worry about? If it matters, I'm probably going to be applying DO exclusively due to repairing a mediocre undergrad GPA.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

It matters to a degree because full-time classes might look favorable over part-time due to rigor, but let's face it, life happens. I was determined to take full-time courses like you did when I first started, but life and work gave me a detour. Part-time classes won't break your chances of medical school, but doing poorly in your post-bac will. That was my motivation to continue even though I thought I had it all planned out.

Last edited: