Is my postbacc expected to be completed without any gaps??

Aug 26, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi All,

I'm a nontrad about to start a DIY postbac soon. I was just wondering, do adcoms expect me to knock out all the postbacc classes without any time gaps? I might be moving to another state next year, and due to starting a side business as well as moving states, I might take 1 or 2 semesters break from my postbac and then resume it when I have more time. As long as I'm taking 2-3 science classes per semester, is this anything to worry about? If it matters, I'm probably going to be applying DO exclusively due to repairing a mediocre undergrad GPA.

Thanks!!

popopopop

7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
It matters to a degree because full-time classes might look favorable over part-time due to rigor, but let's face it, life happens. I was determined to take full-time courses like you did when I first started, but life and work gave me a detour. Part-time classes won't break your chances of medical school, but doing poorly in your post-bac will. That was my motivation to continue even though I thought I had it all planned out.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads