Is my score good enough for a quality D.O. or M.\] residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdeel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made in the 520's on step 1 comlex and passed the USMLE w. around a 200. What are my chances at upper tier D.O. IM residencies? How about MD residencies? As I go to vcom we dont have upper classmen to ask these questions to, so the forum is the location for most of my classmates(including myself) Q & As.

Sam

Members don't see this ad.

sdeel said:
I made in the 520's on step 1 comlex and passed the USMLE w. around a 200. What are my chances at upper tier D.O. IM residencies? How about MD residencies? As I go to vcom we dont have upper classmen to ask these questions to, so the forum is the location for most of my classmates(including myself) Q & As.

Sam

If you have a usmle step 1 of around 200, you certainly have a chance for some allopathic internal medicine residencies. Probably not upper tier MD residencies, but still respectable ones.

It's likely the osteopathic residencies will not care about your USMLE scores (and may hold them against you). But a Step 1 of 200 can get you into a decent (but not upper-tier) ACGME IM residency.

what are some of the respectable residencies on the east coast that I might consider doing visiting rotations?