Is my study plan ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akimhaneul

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take it in June. I haven't created a detailed schedule yet but I am wondering if my plan is good to go or if I am doing too much. Graduated in 2014 so I am a non trad.

Phase 1 : content review using kaplan and tbr (except bio books) and videos such as ak lectures and khan academy while doing passages which include ka passages, tbr passages, and AAMC section bank/qbank

Phase 2 : ek 101 books (all of them..timing was my biggest issue in my last mcat and these books are designed very similarly to the real test format so I am hoping that these books will be helpful)

Phase 3 : as many fls as possible and AAMC stuff

Verbal : keep reading and do practice passages

What do you think? I am afraid that phase 1 might take too long and not leave enough time for more mcat style passages but I have noticed while studying last time that knowing concepts well is essential in addition to getting used to the mcat style passage based questions

Please give me advice!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like a solid plan to me, Akim. Just be sure to make flashcards during Phases 1 and 2 that you can review during phase 3. You don't want to lose everything you learned during the earlier phases. And, a good approach to save time would be to watch the Khan Academy videos first, then skim through the books to find any information that was missing from the videos. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user