Is NBDE useful to me who will probably go back to my native country?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qingyangxf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,
I was a dentist in my country and have been in US for half a year. And my husband is a postoc now. We still don't make a decision if try to stay here permanently. Maybe my husband and I will go back to my country in the future. But we will stay in US for several years. I am eager to get some advanced education about dentistry even if I will not practice here. What kind of programm can I apply for? Should I take the NBDE first? I have a baby who is still in my country. I miss her very much and want to take her here with us. But I can't find a way to start advanced study and don't know what our future is.
What should I do? Please help me.
Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

NYU has a program for International Dentists who wish to go back to their native countries. Maybe you can look into that. Actually you can study the ISP/IDP programs and still go back. Hopefully you can manage the 100K+ loan:D:D:smuggrin:

It will cost 50k thats it and 2 yrs program and dead lines would have got over for this academic yr u can try for 2009 ,with that u can t practice here ,but they will teach u all advanced techiniques.
goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much. I think this is exactly what I want. Do you mean the total cost for 2 yrs program is 50k? And which unversity has this program?

Thanks a lot. This programm is too expensive to me I am afraid.

Last edited:
NYU has a program for International Dentists who wish to go back to their native countries. Maybe you can look into that. Actually you can study the ISP/IDP programs and still go back. Hopefully you can manage the 100K+ loan:D:D:smuggrin:

Thanks a lot. But this program is too expensive to me I am afraid.

Don't worry about the future, hard working pays in some ways. xixi, can you recognize me?