Is next Saturday's Psych GRE too late for scores to be reported on time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychbird

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing as I go through applications that some of the web sites recommend that the Psych GRE not be taken any later than October to ensure that scores arrive in time (these schools have December 31st and January 1st deadlines). Is this correct? If ETS sends the scores out in time they should go out December 22nd. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm worried!

Members don't see this ad.

I've asked my schools and they have said this is fine. It's not possible to take in October, only November, Dec (and April?). Anyways, I don't think the Dec. deadline works, but the Nov. one will.

joetro said:
I've asked my schools and they have said this is fine. It's not possible to take in October, only November, Dec (and April?). Anyways, I don't think the Dec. deadline works, but the Nov. one will.
Thanks, you're right. For some reason I thought there was an October test, but there isn't. I can't imagine all applicants take the test in April. Thanks, I feel better.

I had this problem last year. The schools understand about the NOvember thing, and won't hold it against you.
I would include a cover letter stating that you have taken the psych GRE and will be having test scores forwarded as soon as they are available.

That way your file doesn't get forwarded on to people and it's missing the psych GRE.