is no news good news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanip

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just a question, my file has been complete at nova for about 2 weeks now.. and i am waiting to see if i will be chosen for an interview. my friend who is a M1 there now said it took them 1-2 weeks to call him for an interview. i know they must be busy with holidays coming up but im really nervous, nova is my first choice. does the rule "no news is good news" follow here? also does anyone know if you arent chosen for an interview, do you get word back, either way? just wondering. nervously waiting over here.

Members don't see this ad.

vanip said:
just a question, my file has been complete at nova for about 2 weeks now.. and i am waiting to see if i will be chosen for an interview. my friend who is a M1 there now said it took them 1-2 weeks to call him for an interview. i know they must be busy with holidays coming up but im really nervous, nova is my first choice. does the rule "no news is good news" follow here? also does anyone know if you arent chosen for an interview, do you get word back, either way? just wondering. nervously waiting over here.

No news is not good news but its not bad news either. I would just wait it out. Being complete for 2 weeks is not a long time. Relax, it will come.

I was asking myself this same question last year. As it turns out, I'm still waiting to hear from a school from the PREVIOUS application cycle! In the application game, it could go either way. However, if a school is really interested in you, they'll let you know sooner rather than later; if they're less interested/not at all interested, you're put on the back burner and left to cook until they get around to rejecting you. I found this out firsthand last year. Call them now and then to see what your status is. What a cruel process.

Members don't see this ad :)
vanip said:

Not sure, but I think a lot of it has to do with timing. My file was complete back in early October, and I got my invite about 1.5-2 weeks later. The cycle's been going on for a couple months now.

i was an august mcat kid, so i didnt get scores back til late october and by the time accomas got everything out it was late novemeber. wish i had taken it in april and could have been in your spot.

i think nsu can be sort of slow with things, and this is a really slow time of year for everything, so i wouldn't worry about a two week wait. no news after two months is not so good news. no news after two weeks doesn't mean anything.

Does Nova have a large entering class compared to other schools??? I'm just wondering if there is any hope in waiting it out. Up to what month do they conduct interviews?

NUcat1 said:
Does Nova have a large entering class compared to other schools??? I'm just wondering if there is any hope in waiting it out. Up to what month do they conduct interviews?

NSU has an entering class of ~230, which is much higher than some of the other osteopathic colleges. They accept secondary apps. up until march 1st, which by then are probably applicants who are in the waitlist interviews. However, it is still fairly early in the game..there is def. hope. NSU has been fast with all invites/acceptances, etc that I've heard of, yet this time of year, schools are bound to be backed up a bit. Good luck and please tell us what happens. :)

I've had 7 interviews, 5 acceptances, and I've already chosen a school....and I have yet to hear ANYTHING from Nova. I'm also slightly annoyed by that. They've had my file complete for, oh, FOUR MONTHS.

Sorry, that wasn't helpful.

Maybe you should give them a call.