Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

is no news good news?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by vanip, Dec 19, 2005.

1. vanip

vanip Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    just a question, my file has been complete at nova for about 2 weeks now.. and i am waiting to see if i will be chosen for an interview. my friend who is a M1 there now said it took them 1-2 weeks to call him for an interview. i know they must be busy with holidays coming up but im really nervous, nova is my first choice. does the rule "no news is good news" follow here? also does anyone know if you arent chosen for an interview, do you get word back, either way? just wondering. nervously waiting over here.

2. USArmyDoc

5+ Year Member

Medical Student

No news is not good news but its not bad news either. I would just wait it out. Being complete for 2 weeks is not a long time. Relax, it will come.

3. mj1878

mj1878 Water good...
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was asking myself this same question last year. As it turns out, I'm still waiting to hear from a school from the PREVIOUS application cycle! In the application game, it could go either way. However, if a school is really interested in you, they'll let you know sooner rather than later; if they're less interested/not at all interested, you're put on the back burner and left to cook until they get around to rejecting you. I found this out firsthand last year. Call them now and then to see what your status is. What a cruel process.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. XKV

XKV Member
    5+ Year Member

Not sure, but I think a lot of it has to do with timing. My file was complete back in early October, and I got my invite about 1.5-2 weeks later. The cycle's been going on for a couple months now.

5. vanip

vanip Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i was an august mcat kid, so i didnt get scores back til late october and by the time accomas got everything out it was late novemeber. wish i had taken it in april and could have been in your spot.

6. Doctor Bagel

Doctor Bagel so cheap and juicy
    Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i think nsu can be sort of slow with things, and this is a really slow time of year for everything, so i wouldn't worry about a two week wait. no news after two months is not so good news. no news after two weeks doesn't mean anything.

7. NUcat1

NUcat1 Member
    5+ Year Member

Does Nova have a large entering class compared to other schools??? I'm just wondering if there is any hope in waiting it out. Up to what month do they conduct interviews?

8. kutiecg

kutiecg iono
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

NSU has an entering class of ~230, which is much higher than some of the other osteopathic colleges. They accept secondary apps. up until march 1st, which by then are probably applicants who are in the waitlist interviews. However, it is still fairly early in the game..there is def. hope. NSU has been fast with all invites/acceptances, etc that I've heard of, yet this time of year, schools are bound to be backed up a bit. Good luck and please tell us what happens. :)

9. iwillbesoon

iwillbesoon Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I've had 7 interviews, 5 acceptances, and I've already chosen a school....and I have yet to hear ANYTHING from Nova. I'm also slightly annoyed by that. They've had my file complete for, oh, FOUR MONTHS.

Sorry, that wasn't helpful.

Maybe you should give them a call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...