is no news good news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.rex

rexadactyl nights
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard back from a few schools but i would say that i havent heard from 2/3 of the schools that i applied to. the only things i have gotten besides the 2 interviews is a few updates on aadsas that were very vague. so is no news ok, i mean i havent been rejected yet? when do most schools send rejection letters?

Members don't see this ad.

i would say no news is good news in many situations...

no news at Case, Nova isnt such good news as they scheduled a million interviews.

I would think that post interview no news is even better news because they can reject you whenever but cant communicate with you about being accepted until dec 1

Members don't see this ad :)
No news is only good news if you are sure the schools have your entire application on file. If you haven't heard from the schools, even for them to say that your application is complete, then you should at least contact those schools to verify that your application IS complete. If it is, then use the opportunity to ask the status of your app.

I don't think you need to worry. The application process is really just beginning. In fact some adcomms, haven't even met yet, or just started to go through applications. You're not rejected until you get that letter, and each school I've ever applied to in the past are very thorough in making sure everyone knows their status in the end. One school finally cleared out all their rejection notices at the start of this application process. So as everyone says, no news is good news. Good luck!