Is NOVA slow?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by muonwhiz, Feb 16, 2001.

1. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

My file was comlete at NOVA on 12/26, and I haven't heard anything from the school. Is it exceptionally slow? Whoever has interviewed there, please tell how long after your file was complete that you received your invite. Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MSafur

MSafur Senior Member

Yep, NOVA is extremely slow (as well as PCOM). My file was complete on Nov. 16th
    with NOVA and I didn't hear anything so I called after New Years and I was told that I was selected for an interview, but they don't know when I would be scheduled. They told me that I would hear something by mail. In the interim, I was went to UNECOM for an interview and loved the school and the student atmosphere. I was accepted and left my deposit there. I withdrew my application from NOVA during the last week of January.
    I suggest that you call and inquire about your application. Make it known that you are really interested in their school. Also, mention that you were accepted somewhere else (only if you really have), but you would rather go there...good luck!

4. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

Who was it at NOVA that was willing to give you the info on your file status? I would like to know who to contact, your idea is a good one.

5. MSafur

MSafur Senior Member

Sorry, but I didn't get a name. They didn't want to give me info. on the status of my application initially, but I told them that I got accepted somewhere else and I needed to know whether I'd be interviewed at NOVA before I left a deposit at the other school.
    By the way, if you have no luck you should try to contact Rogeria Higgs at the Admissions office.

Also, you should mention that you want to attend NOVA (obviously).....

Not with only NOVA, but with PCOM they are not willing to give you any info. That sucks, especially when you have to leave deposits at other places and want to hear from these schools!