Is NOVA still interviewing and accepting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc AdamK in 2006

Now 2 year UB Med Doc
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone has been offered a interview at NOVA lately.

When is the interview?
Has anyone gotten a recent acceptance?

Have a great night

AK

Members don't see this ad.

I finished my application in early january and I have nt heard anything from them . I am going to call them next week to find out what is going on.

Don't know if this helps, but I had an interview with them on March the 1st and I'm still waiting to hear if I've been accepted or rejected. At the time they wouldn't say how many seats were left.

This is the worst part since I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, Nova is my number one choice. Hopefully I'll hear from them this week. Wish me luck (at least, those of you who didn't apply to Nova). :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there March 4tha nd recently got an acceptance!! and am very excited about it as NOVA was my top choice for DO schools as im a florida resident
goood luck to alll u out there

Hey Fenrez I'm from Boca too! Just wanted to say hi! I don't usually check this forum, but I'll send you an IM next time I see you online.

Foxy

I called Nova on Friday and they said they're still interviewing and are still sending out invites for interviews.

Bostongirl:

Are you applying to NOVA also.
I saw that you interviewd at PCOM.
You will like NOVA if you go down for an interview.

AK

Doc AK

Yeah, from the start my top two DO choices have been Nova and PCOM. So far I've been accepted to COMP and UNECOM, and should hear back from PCOM soon. I'm still waiting on the NOVA interview, since I would at least like the chance to go check it out even though I really like PCOM. We'll see what happens I guess!

Bostongirl :)

Hey Boston:

So you want to trade the beautiful autumn leaves of New England for PCOm or the cool ocean breeze of Fort Lauderdale at NOVA.

AK

Hey Boston:

So you want to trade the beautiful autumn leaves of New England for PCOm or the cool ocean breeze of Fort Lauderdale at NOVA.

AK

AK-

Well, those pretty autumn leaves don't last very long, and the winters are brutal. I'm a warm weather person and after 22 years in New England, I'm ready to migrate south a bit, either to Philly or Florida. Especially after spending 4 years in college in upstate New York.

so anyways...leaving new england wouldn't be all that tough. but if it happens i end up here, I'm used to the weather and UNE was beautiful.

you're luck you know where you're going to be! with me, it's up in the air!

Bostongirl:

Actually I don't know were I'm going next year.
I mean I know I'm going to NOVA. However if one of the SUNY schools gives me a spot, I'm going there I think.

Not because I have MD envy. It just that the education would be $15k cheaper each year. Plus I could go back home to Buffalo.

But Florida really is amazing. I think I will migrate south when I'm a little older.

If you get an interview at NOVA stay at the Rolling Hills resort or with a student.

TTYL

AK :clap:

I interviewed on March 4th and got my acceptance today. I'm still undecided between Nova and PCOM. I'd appreciate any imput from someone else in my dilemma (not that it's such a bad dilemma to be in or anything). :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Rockandrolldoc, did you get an acceptance by mail or did you call? I interviewed on March 1st and still havent heard anything.

I received a packet via certified mail. It's funny though because I actually had the phone in my hand and was about to call Fern. I am curious if any other acceptees to NOVA held on to the candy that Fern gave them and waited to open it until they were accepted. I most certainly did... not because I'm superstitious, but because I am pretty bored and needed to mix things up a bit. Good luck though Fenrez.

I received a packet via certified mail. It's funny though because I actually had the phone in my hand and was about to call Fern. I am curious if any other acceptees to NOVA held on to the candy that Fern gave them and waited to open it until they were accepted. I most certainly did... not because I'm superstitious, but because I am pretty bored and needed to mix things up a bit. Good luck though Fenrez.

Congrats to those that recently got accept to NOVA.

RockandRolldoc: I actually choose NOVA over PCOM. I really liked both schools, but NOVA offered more to me personally. Research Electives and better OMM program. Better OMM fellowship.

Good Luck with your decision

AK

Hey guys,
I've got the interview at Nova tomorrow, Friday, March 22nd. I'm a little nervous because my MCAT score is not that great (not great at all :D ). We'll see what happens.
Wish me luck.
Mo

Hey Everybody,

I was just at Nova on Monday to talk to Fern (checking on deposits while I was in the area) and they are still very much interviewing- there were about 12 interviewees waiting to be called in....so good luck to everyone! Come visit us at our webpage or at our post on the osteopathic forum if you have questions or need support!

Best of luck! Nova rocks! :D

I have been pondering whether to go to PCOM or NOVA for two weeks now, and I am happy to say that I have chosen NOVA. See you there DocAdamK. And thanks to all who have given me their input and opinions. To all those still interviewing at NOVA, I want to wish you good luck, and I hope to see you in August.

--Michael

" A Box of Rain will ease the pain and love will see you through..."

Congrats to those that got into NOVA, just out of curiosity, what were your stats that got you in?

This coming from a very anxious pre-medder waiting for an interview at NOVA :)

Thanks a lot

My stats are

GPA 3.79
MCAT 28
Plenty of ECs and work experience and Lab experience.

Good Luck

AK

I'm so happy to hear everyone's choosing NOVA over these other great schools. After a difficult, stressful choice, I too, just chose NOVA and I still have my Fern Candy!! See you all in the fall