Is now the time to call schools if.............

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justin_od

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
u havent heard from schools, i.e. UCLA, UCI , UCSD: have not gotten their secondaries.....

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sure..why not?

I called a bunch of schools. It's important to have no shame in this process...but not to be a little bugger.

Speaking of which, one school was extremely rude to me this morning. I will wait another couple weeks then withdraw from there. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
called Tulane today. App was complete in late Sept. Finally found out today that they placed me in their massive hold pile. Had to wait 4 months to find that out.

Spoke w/someone at UCSD's office about my lack of 2dary and what this means. I was really looking for uplifting commentary that I wouldn't have believed, but would've made me feel better. UNFORTUNATELY, that's not what I got. "Yeah, it doesn't look promising," is the repartee to my query. That felt like ****. I think I approached this process wrong, basically from the day I started as an undergrad.

I've called many schools just to see what's happenign with the application. Doesn't hurt anything. As for rudeness, don't let it influence the school of your choice. It's not everyday you see admissions people at med school.

Don't call if they've told you not to call until a certain date. A few schools have told me to call February 1st if no word yet.