is nymc still sending acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
or is their class full and they are waitlisting many? I looked at the other thread on nymc... it seems like they're up to feb/early march interviewees. i interviewed mid-march and am wondering if i can get a sense of what I should expect...

Members don't see this ad.

im kinda curious too... i interviewed in april tho...so i'm probably in a worse position than u..=(

Unless you're reading a special thread that I haven't, no one has reported an acceptance from an interview later than 2/15 or so.

I interviewed late Feb, and they explicitly told us in the interview that there were spots no matter when you interview, or they wouldn't bother. Don't fret.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you're reading a special thread that I haven't, no one has reported an acceptance from an interview later than 2/15 or so.

I interviewed late Feb, and they explicitly told us in the interview that there were spots no matter when you interview, or they wouldn't bother. Don't fret.

Thanks for clarifying, epigastric. This thread was starting to make me nervous.

-Thayer

I interview in late march and still waiting. From what I understand, which may be wrong, NYMC does not put a bias on early interviews. They probably accept a certain amount of people from each block of time, whatever that may be. This is unlike many schools, which waitlist anyone who interviews after a date like in february. And they told us we would hear by may 15th as well.

yes i interviewed late march and they said we'd hear back by the 15th of may

NYMC interviews 1000 applicants and accepts >600 every year, with 180-190 matriculated. You have >60% probability of being accepted after the interview. The odds are good. Keep sending them LOI and good luck!

NYMC interviews 1000 applicants and accepts >600 every year,, with 180-190 matriculated. You have >60% probability of being accepted after the interview. The odds are good. Keep sending them LOI and good luck!

It's good to know then that if I am one of those 40% then I am a total F up.

Are they still inviting for interviews?

My impression is they aren't. It's really really REALLY late in the interview season, given that schools send out initial decisions by May 15th. But I could be wrong.

For those of you waiting for NYMC, don't give up. Call or e-mail the office today and check on your status. Send them LOI. Their waitlists have a lot of movements in May. Good luck!

i'm still waiting for my interview on may 2nd. lol :laugh:

I interviewed on March28th and still have not heard anything back from them yet as well. I REALLY REALLY want to go to NYMC!!! I have been accepted to another medical school, however I really don't think that its the right place for me. I loved NYMC and read that I should write a letter of intent. I've never written one before so what do you say in it? Like I said before NYMC truely is my 1st choice and want to make it there.

I interviewed on March28th and still have not heard anything back from them yet as well. I REALLY REALLY want to go to NYMC!!! I have been accepted to another medical school, however I really don't think that its the right place for me. I loved NYMC and read that I should write a letter of intent. I've never written one before so what do you say in it? Like I said before NYMC truely is my 1st choice and want to make it there.

Just don't overdo it. Tell them that they are your first choice and give them some concrete reasons why. To make it easier on yourself you might just want to combine it with an update letter.

Jsut say that it is your first choice & that you will go there if accepted. Also, tell them the reason why; for instance, you like to do your 3rd & 4th year rotations in Manhathan, you like their teaching style that leads to higher than avg USMLE step 1 score; and 99% pass rate. More importantly, write WHY they should take you. For example, you've just came back from Africa after saving three babies, and so NYMC should be proud to have you

For those of you waiting for NYMC, don't give up. Call or e-mail the office today and check on your status. Send them LOI. Their waitlists have a lot of movements in May. Good luck!

Hey sir,
are you a part of NYMC class of 2011 or do you happen to go there? Every NYMC post I read you seem to be in it... :laugh:

Hey sir,
are you a part of NYMC class of 2011 or do you happen to go there? Every NYMC post I read you seem to be in it... :laugh:

I am from Cali with decent stats (3.81, 32R). I applied to 25+ schools, mostly to Cali and East Coast. Unfortunately, I received only 7 interviews resulting in 3 waitlists and 2 rejections as of mid March. I was anxious and feeling a little depressed at that time. I was interviewed by NYMC in Jan. By the 10th week, I sent them a short e-mail telling them I love the school and will be extremely interested to go there. By the 11th week, NYMC sent me an acceptance e-mail. I know how you guys feel - the anxiety, unknown and everything - since I went through the same feeling for the past few weeks. But NYMC came through for me and I am extremely thankful to their offer of acceptance. I'd like to tell all of you not to give up and keep sending them LOI. I am pulling for all of you since I was in the same boat as recent as mid March. Good luck!

When I was at the interview the student told us that she interviewed late in March so I guess its possible for us late interviewers to get in, but after reading many of these threads it seems like everyone is in the same boat, all willing to take any spot that comes to them. I really want us all to get in, but are there even enough spots at this point? Do we know exactly how many people have gotten in? I know for UBuffalo we started a list saying how many of us are on the waitlist and what our position is. Is anyone on hold at NYMC? I haven't heard a peep from them as of yet.